Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why the Belkin Router?


12 Apr 2010   #11

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by devildog93 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acurasd View Post

Bingo. Thank you! That should help me sort out my desktop the way I want.
Actually you don't need third party software to do that...
Right click your desktop -> arrange icons -> uncheck auto arrange and align to grid
Now you can position the icons anywhere you want on your desktop just by dragging them with the mouse.

If you are concerned about them getting all jumbled up, as they sometimes do, there's a free tool in the Software section called "Desk Save" that I use to put them back...

Here's my desktop...

Why the Belkin Router?-capture.jpg




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Apr 2010   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

That is correct to do it like that... you dont need one. To do it exactly how I did it. You needed that software.

At least the guy has his options now...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Apr 2010   #13

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acurasd View Post
That is correct to do it like that... you dont need one. To do it exactly how I did it. You needed that software.

At least the guy has his options now...
Exactly....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Apr 2010   #14

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acurasd View Post
That is correct to do it like that... you dont need one. To do it exactly how I did it. You needed that software.

At least the guy has his options now...
Exactly....
Thanks for additional info on doing it without 3rd party software.

I have already set it up and SO FAR, I am liking it.

The cool thing I like is the double-click, hide icons function, but also being able to select certain icons that stay on the desktop when the others hide. It's like having a minimalist setup if you want, instantly. I like it!
Scroll bars in each individual fence is VERY cool too.

We'll see how she goes, but I really appreciate you guys pointing out the options I have.

KUDOS!

Here is a shot. Not completely set up yet.


Attached Thumbnails
Why the Belkin Router?-desktop.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #15

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I am glad that everything worked out for you.

As you can see on mines. I got alot of crazy programs like pcAnywhere. Since I have servers and other computers I have to work with on the network at the same time also therefore too lazy to leave my seat. That is a very awsome program to have.

Me personally... My photo I would have up there would be: Olivia Munn
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #16

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acurasd View Post
I am glad that everything worked out for you.

As you can see on mines. I got alot of crazy programs like pcAnywhere. Since I have servers and other computers I have to work with on the network at the same time also therefore too lazy to leave my seat. That is a very awsome program to have.

Me personally... My photo I would have up there would be: Olivia Munn
Well I do appreciate it. Very cool program. I have noticed a few tiny glitches that I seem to be able to iron out, and one windows crash, but I was doing alot of installing, shuffling around, and after a CCleaner run, seems stable so far.

And, yeah I see why you would have Olivia Munn on your desktop, should be Olivia Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do apologize as this thread went form being focused on you, to me getting what I want. I hopw the original questions was at least answered for you.

Those damn, thread hi-jackers!! lol. Anyways, Kudos bud! take care.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #17

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Just be a little careful with having alot of icons on your desktop. There are a few gliches like...

If you change your resolution around alot. Your icons will scatter all over the place or it will budle into one spot. I hope they fix that. I dont know if it does it on the paid edition.

Once you get all your icons like you want it... right click >>> go to view >> lock your fences
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #18

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by acurasd View Post
Just be a little careful with having alot of icons on your desktop. There are a few gliches like...

If you change your resolution around alot. Your icons will scatter all over the place or it will budle into one spot. I hope they fix that. I dont know if it does it on the paid edition.

Once you get all your icons like you want it... right click >>> go to view >> lock your fences
Due-ly noted. Yeah I noticed it was a little sketchy when I tried to add icon after icon, that the stability went down a litlle. I re-booted and then carried on, and it all seemed good. Almost like it has a maximum learning curve, then you have to give it a break for a while, let it sink in, and start again fresh the next day........
My GOD it's acting like me at school.lol


Will give the "lock fences" a go, thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #19

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

All of this has what to do with the OP question.... Please use the appropriate forums.... thank you..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #20

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
All of this has what to do with the OP question.... Please use the appropriate forums.... thank you..

I hear ya. It did get kind of off topic. But I do appreciate the OP's tips.

I guess I could have PM'ed the OP.

Will try to behave in the future
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why the Belkin Router?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Why the Belkin Router?
Thread Forum
Belkin Router crashes Win 7! Hardware & Devices
Solved Can't get a Belkin router to work in Win 7 Network & Sharing
Belkin router... An unfamiliar address Network & Sharing
belkin model f5d8233-4 router Drivers
disconnect with Belkin N Wireless Router Network & Sharing
Belkin N150 Router-Need Help in configuring! Network & Sharing
Belkin N+ Router w/GigE Anyone having problems? Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33