Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Wireless Icon


15 Apr 2010   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

I'm a tad half awake right now so bear with me.

To the original poster. Do you have any bridges going between connections? That tends to cause the icon on the taskbar to become messed up.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Apr 2010   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
i had the same sort of problem that would not go away until i completely removed the blue tooth software with this program: Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

How can I be able to remove something that's already removed So, no this doesn't work, I did download it, but couldn't find anything that could've worked.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
I'm a tad half awake right now so bear with me.

To the original poster. Do you have any bridges going between connections? That tends to cause the icon on the taskbar to become messed up.

No, no bridges, [posted already]: If you go to Network Adapters, then go to Advanced, Advanced Settings, it should show the connections as well and give priority to each one, but there are none there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #13

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

the windows uninstaller leaves lots of things behind (registry items) with the revo program it will find everything that has been associated with the program if you have already removed part of it reinstall the program then use revo
Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Apr 2010   #14

 
 

or use ccleaner to get rid on the rubbish it leaves behind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #15

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Revo Uninstaller didn't work...
Nor did CCleaner.

Anyone else have any other options that I can try?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post
Revo Uninstaller didn't work...
Nor did CCleaner.

Anyone else have any other options that I can try?
How about disabling the PAN adapter? I suspect it's still there. Start, type "view net con", enter. Right click and disable anything you are not using.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #17

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post
Revo Uninstaller didn't work...
Nor did CCleaner.

Anyone else have any other options that I can try?
How about disabling the PAN adapter? I suspect it's still there. Start, type "view net con", enter. Right click and disable anything you are not using.

I tried that already, and it's not working, sadly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post
Revo Uninstaller didn't work...
Nor did CCleaner.

Anyone else have any other options that I can try?
How about disabling the PAN adapter? I suspect it's still there. Start, type "view net con", enter. Right click and disable anything you are not using.

I tried that already, and it's not working, sadly.
But the PAN adapter is still there?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post

How about disabling the PAN adapter? I suspect it's still there. Start, type "view net con", enter. Right click and disable anything you are not using.

I tried that already, and it's not working, sadly.
But the PAN adapter is still there?
It's still there.

Just did a System Restore, and that did the trick, never relied on SR, so I didn't think of it that fast, but yeah, it's up and working again.

Thanks for all the help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2010   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Casmo View Post


I tried that already, and it's not working, sadly.
But the PAN adapter is still there?
It's still there.

Just did a System Restore, and that did the trick, never relied on SR, so I didn't think of it that fast, but yeah, it's up and working again.

Thanks for all the help
Please rep those that made a difference. Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Wireless Icon




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Wireless Icon
Thread Forum
Wireless Connection Icon WTF? Network & Sharing
Unknown Wireless Connection Icon Network & Sharing
Wireless Icon not working properly Network & Sharing
No wireless icon connection ? Network & Sharing
Wireless Icon Problem Network & Sharing
Question about windows 7's wireless icon Network & Sharing
Wireless Network Status Icon Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33