I'm having trouble setting up my home network. What I'm trying to do is to add my remote PC' s User(myLaptop-Kevin) to the folder permission settings..
1. myLaptop is detected in my Network. So I guess the physical connection is good. See picture.
2. Also, the remote computer/user is Homegroup'ed to this computer.
3. But when I try to share a folder or especially a Drive thru Right Click>Properties>Sharing>Advanced Sharing>Permission>Add.. the remote user is not detected..
4. And when I try to type my remote computers name and user manually, it says 'Name Not Found'.
5. I also cannot access mapped network drive from my remote laptop..
The reason for this question is that I want to define the access of my files through my network.
And also, I want to develop a visual basic application that can interface to the SQL Server 2008 Database installed on my Laptop..
I hope somebody can help me on this problem.. Since you are my only hope and Ive been scouring the net for two days now..
Thank You very much.