Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: problem joining a homegroup, please help???


20 May 2010   #1

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
problem joining a homegroup, please help???

I have a desktop PC and a laptop connected on one modem and I want to join it but when I want to join it it says that "your network connection must have IPv6 enabled to to create or join a homegroup". But I have it enabled at the properties of my connection, must I enabled it somewhere else to or what? Please help and it says that my Diagnostics Policy Service is not running how do I get that running?

Help me please?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 May 2010   #2

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Here is some screens......>>


Attached Thumbnails
problem joining a homegroup, please help???-pic-2.jpg  
Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2010   #3

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I have a desktop PC and a laptop connected on one modem and I want to join it but when I want to join it it says that "your network connection must have IPv6 enabled to to create or join a homegroup". But I have it enabled at the properties of my connection, must I enabled it somewhere else to or what? Please help and it says that my Diagnostics Policy Service is not running how do I get that running?

Help me please?
There is a fast and easy workaround. Use workgroup instead of homegroup. It is more efficient and reliable.

Just create a new connection using workgroup

Let us know if you need help


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 May 2010   #4

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Please tell where do I go to, I went to set up a connection or network, but there is no option for set up workgroup? please tell me where?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2010   #5

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

I have my work group and I see my laptop but when I click on it to browse through it is says "Check spelling....." please see screen shot, and when I diagnose it is says "Diagnostics Policy Service is not running".


Attached Thumbnails
problem joining a homegroup, please help???-help.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2010   #6

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

I can go trough all my desktop stuff on my laptop but not from my laptop to my desktop then it gives me the errors
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 May 2010   #7

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I can go trough all my desktop stuff on my laptop but not from my laptop to my desktop then it gives me the errors


what OS is the desktop?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 May 2010   #8

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I can go trough all my desktop stuff on my laptop but not from my laptop to my desktop then it gives me the errors


what OS is the desktop?
Both are Win 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 problem joining a homegroup, please help???




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: problem joining a homegroup, please help???
Thread Forum
Joining homegroup failure. Network & Sharing
problem in joining to a domain Network & Sharing
Solved Trouble creating/joining homegroup.... Network & Sharing
Solved Homegroup Problem Network & Sharing
No password for joining Homegroup Network & Sharing
problem joining windows7 to a network with windows nt4 Network & Sharing
Joining a homegroup Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33