Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Need way to disable/enable network card at startup??

21 May 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Need way to disable/enable network card at startup??

Hi,

I upgraded my wifes dell dimension 8200 from xp to Windows 7... perhaps a mistake but its done now. One problem is that her network card loses its connection to the Internet (though it still sees the rest of the network) and to get it working I must disable and then enable it. The real fix is loading a new bios but... this is trouble.

I'd prefer a work around like a way to disable and enable the network card automatically at startup. Anyone know of a way that might work?

Thanks,
Rusty


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 May 2010   #2
Microsoft MVP

 

check optional Windows Updates, Dell website and the card maker's website Support downloads page for your model to get a newer driver.

Did you do an in-place Upgrade rather than Custom clean install? This makes a big difference in performance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 May 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

I have the latest drivers and, I've tried two different network boards! Research shows a bios upgrade might fix my problem but the Dell is old and though I found a bios upgrade it needs to be transferred to diskettes which I don't have which need a drive I don't have which would probably not work with Windows 7... LOL!! If there was only a way to enable and disable that damn board at startup I'd be home.

r

Edit: I upgraded from XP so it was the clean install.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 May 2010   #4

Windows 7
 
 

No one has a clue? A batch file ran at startup?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #5

Wds 7 32.bit Ultimate
 
 

Check if you have any OLDER drivers installed ....
Try to roll back to previous one ..
Mine laptop had same problem after installed Windows 7 ...window did it by itself ..
now i can play game online with no lags at all ..
Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by w7101 View Post
Check if you have any OLDER drivers installed ....
Try to roll back to previous one ..
Mine laptop had same problem after installed Windows 7 ...window did it by itself ..
now i can play game online with no lags at all ..
Good luck.
roll back to a previous 'what'? driver?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #7

 

I dont know if this related but you could try
typing services.msc, go to your network card services. right click properties and set it auto

I have a problem with my wireless card before. All i did was go to services .msc,
I go to wireless autoconfig and set it to AUTO
I go to wireless zero config and set it to AUTO

sorry if I ran off topic
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #8

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
I dont know if this related but you could try
typing services.msc, go to your network card services. right click properties and set it auto

I have a problem with my wireless card before. All i did was go to services .msc,
I go to wireless autoconfig and set it to AUTO
I go to wireless zero config and set it to AUTO

sorry if I ran off topic
Hey,

At the bottom you have:
"My Own Created Signature"

That's not right, should be:
"Created My Own Signature"

Or
"I created my own signature"

Or
"My signature was self created"

Or
"My signature was created by me... cool huh!"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #9

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rustyw View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
I dont know if this related but you could try
typing services.msc, go to your network card services. right click properties and set it auto

I have a problem with my wireless card before. All i did was go to services .msc,
I go to wireless autoconfig and set it to AUTO
I go to wireless zero config and set it to AUTO

sorry if I ran off topic
Hey,

At the bottom you have:
"My Own Created Signature"

That's not right, should be:
"Created My Own Signature"

Or
"I created my own signature"

Or
"My signature was self created"

Or
"My signature was created by me... cool huh!"
thanks for the advice . cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rustyw View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kucing13 View Post
I dont know if this related but you could try
typing services.msc, go to your network card services. right click properties and set it auto

I have a problem with my wireless card before. All i did was go to services .msc,
I go to wireless autoconfig and set it to AUTO
I go to wireless zero config and set it to AUTO

sorry if I ran off topic
Hey,

At the bottom you have:
"My Own Created Signature"

That's not right, should be:
"Created My Own Signature"

Or
"I created my own signature"

Or
"My signature was self created"

Or
"My signature was created by me... cool huh!"
thanks for the advice . cheers
Your more than welcome.
BTW, I love the animated gif and the ASCII art under your handle. Animation is what I do (www.virtualmediastudios.com not a 'real' studio... it's just me fooling around).

r
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need way to disable/enable network card at startup??





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33