|29 May 2010||#1|
| || |
Problem with 1. Network Tray Icon 2. Wireless Broadcom Driver
Hello everyone. This is my first post I hope you don't mind. I am almost desperate and frustrated over this issue I had with my network connection since my netbook crashed overnight (perhaps overheated). So the story is like this.
1. I woke up one morning and figured out that I had forgotten to turn off my netbook with power supply and it was very hot and had a white screen.
2. I unplugged the plug and took off out the battery.
3. I restarted the computer and there were no severe system startup failure, corruption etc.
4. However, I noticed something wrong with my Wireless icon in the taskbar. (See top of attached picture). Basically it wasn't like the original bar-shaped, but has a box with a cable to the left and a big red "X" cross.
5. At first I was able to connect to the wireless networks but although I was connected to the internet, the icon shows that I'm not.
6. The icon started to irritate me and I began to search for ways to troubleshoot it.
7. Somehow, I ended up uninstalling (or disabling then it disappeared) my Wirelesss Broadcom Drive in the 'Device Manager' and tried to re-install the driver for my Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter. And my wireless connection has failed ever since.
8. I have tried almost all ways to update/install/re-install the driver (lots of versions) but it all for some reason failed.
9. Now I can only connect through Wired and have the same weird tray icon in my task bar.
I am hoping someone might be able to know what went wrong because I've tried all I can including searching over the internet for possible troubleshoots.
1. I didn't file a system restore before hand (unwise)
2. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits (x86)
3. The wireless network has been working perfectly until the crash.
4. I don't think its a hardware problem although it overheated the wireless card was still working the next day until I uninstalled the driver
5. The "Troubleshoot" program didn't work either.
6. Whenever I open "Adapter Settings" in the Network and Sharing Center I receive a blank page with nothing at all.
7. I read somewhere that it may have also been due to failing to create a "Homegroup" idk if that has to do with this but I did accidentally click the homegroup icon.
Your help is very appreciated!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Problem with 1. Network Tray Icon 2. Wireless Broadcom Driver|
|Network icon missing from system tray||Network & Sharing|
|Wireless network - System Tray icon wrong||Network & Sharing|
|Deleting my own network connections listings (sys tray network icon)||Network & Sharing|
|Correct Network Tray Icon - Requires Network and Sharing Center Open??||Network & Sharing|
|Broadcom network adapter problem||Drivers|
|Tray Icon for Network always showing a red X?||Network & Sharing|
|orange asteric over the wireless tray icon||Network & Sharing|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.