I know there have been some threads about this issue before, but I couldnt find a solution to my problem there:
Until today I had Windows XP running on my new system, which consists of:
- Mainboard: Asus M4A87TD
- Athlon X2
- Ram and other hardware.
The network adapter is a onboard solution and is: RTL8111E PCIe Gigabit
Lan controller featuring AI NET 2 (by Realtek).
From there it is connected via cable to a router which itself is connected to a dsl-modem.
Running under Windows Xp I could connect to the internet and to the network without a problem.
Now I installed Windows 7 Home 64bit. After installing all drivers
I still get the error message: No networkcable connected.
What I did so far to get a solution:
- Download and install the newest driver
for the network adapter (7.018) from the realtek site
- Download and update BIOS (Version 0810) from asus site
After that the networkadapter showed in DM that it was working and running - what it obviously didnt.
- Installed Windows7 32bit - same problem
- Installed Ubuntu in 32bit and 64bit version - same problems as under Windows 7
- Cable and router work fine, have 3 other PCs on the router, 2 with Xp/Linux and one with vista
- I also tried to boot the pc without cable connected and plug it in later - no changes
Then I put Windows XP back on it and the connection worked again -_-
The next step I will do is to update the router software (ofc I did restart it like 5 times until now), but I doubt that it will help much.
Any thoughts on that problem?
Thanks in advance!