Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 just installed, only get 10 mbit/s!


06 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Windows 7 just installed, only get 10 mbit/s!

Hi!

Ive just re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and after the install, my network-card is limited to 10 mbit/s. Before i re-installed i got 1 Gbit/s and other computers on the network have 1 Gbit/s.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 and what ive tested so far is:

*Rebooting =)
*Download new drivers.
*Switching network cables (cat5, cat5e and cat6)
*Disabled the energy saving function on the network card.
*Forcing it to 1 Gbit/s Full duplex.

But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jun 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flumch View Post
Hi!

Ive just re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and after the install, my network-card is limited to 10 mbit/s. Before i re-installed i got 1 Gbit/s and other computers on the network have 1 Gbit/s.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 and what ive tested so far is:

*Rebooting =)
*Download new drivers.
*Switching network cables (cat5, cat5e and cat6)
*Disabled the energy saving function on the network card.
*Forcing it to 1 Gbit/s Full duplex.

But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
Are you using homegroup? On some systems its use of IPv6 causes slow transfers and connectivity issues (especially with older hardware). You can test by setting up a new network connection using workgroup which uses IPv4. If workgroup solves the problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup

Let us know if you need help

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by flumch View Post
Hi!

Ive just re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and after the install, my network-card is limited to 10 mbit/s. Before i re-installed i got 1 Gbit/s and other computers on the network have 1 Gbit/s.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 and what ive tested so far is:

*Rebooting =)
*Download new drivers.
*Switching network cables (cat5, cat5e and cat6)
*Disabled the energy saving function on the network card.
*Forcing it to 1 Gbit/s Full duplex.

But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
*Rebooting =)
*Download new drivers.
*Switching network cables (cat5, cat5e and cat6)
*Disabled the energy saving function on the network card.
*Forcing it to 1 Gbit/s Full duplex.
*Install latest firmware for your router? <<<<<
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jun 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Are you using homegroup? On some systems its use of IPv6 causes slow transfers and connectivity issues (especially with older hardware). You can test by setting up a new network connection using workgroup which uses IPv4. If workgroup solves the problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup

Let us know if you need help

Ken
No, im not using a homegroup. I even disabled homegroup listening and homegroup provider in services.msc. I tried to set up a new network but with the same result as before, 10 mbit =(

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post

*Install latest firmware for your router? <<<<<
My routers firmware is up to date.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

This is an obvious question, but did you install the chipset and NIC drivers supplied by Gigabyte?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
This is an obvious question, but did you install the chipset and NIC drivers supplied by Gigabyte?
Yes, first thing i did after the installation was to install all the drivers from gigabyte.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Have you tried going back to the advanced section of the NIC properties, letting it auto config, reboot, then check Windows Update and see if there are any driver updates from MS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Have you tried going back to the advanced section of the NIC properties, letting it auto config, reboot, then check Windows Update and see if there are any driver updates from MS?
What do you mean by auto config? the speed? Windows Update can't find any drivers for it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Device manager -> Network adapters -> your NIC, right click and select properties -> advanced -> speed & duplex

Are you overclocking?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jun 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Device manager -> Network adapters -> your NIC, right click and select properties -> advanced -> speed & duplex

Are you overclocking?
The speed is on auto and ive rebooted several times without any luck. No, im running a Core i5 at stock speed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 just installed, only get 10 mbit/s!




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33