Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows 7 + NLB?

11 Jun 2010   #1

 
 
Windows 7 + NLB?

seen many posts regarding Windows 7 and load balance for networks.
Windows 7 is suppose to have it built in if im not mistaken.
I did a simple test,
As i got internet from 2 sources
1 Wireless
1 Cable
I tried Utorrent and tried a torrent since it uses a lot of connections,
My result is that 98% of the traffic went through the cable and the other 2% the other cards, it only spiked up now and then, nothing much.
What is the best way to get the most of a 1 wirelss and 1 cable internet?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Jun 2010   #2

 
 

nobody got suggestions how to fix it? :S
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

I don't understand what you want to achieve with this. It is not going to give you faster downloads. If network is working properly, this happens automatically; when windows detects a working LAN connection, it is prioritized because it's faster than WiFi.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Jun 2010   #4

 
 

hehe in my case wifi is faster.
Im after just to fully use both connections, not to dubble my speed or something.
more like that i can download either on both lines seperate or download on one and game on the other one
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

If you have two independent lines, both with own router and / or modem, then it's possible to assign for instance LAN to line/router 1 and WiFi to line/router 2, and with little work get the load balanced.

If you have one line only, both NIC's connected to that, there's not much you can do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

Martin, as I hinted in my previous post this needs two lines, with two routers. Otherwise it does nothing.

Somehow I understood OP only has one line.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

OP can you please clarify this? I can see Kari's point... in one post it looks like you have one line, in the next it looks like you have 2
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #9

 
 

Its two lines so not just one.

severedsolo, your method, does it work after a reboot i assume and it should balance between my two cards?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jun 2010   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center
 
 

Now I'm confused. If you have two independent lines, follow Severedsolo's link to read about how it's done.

If you have only one line, learn to live with it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 + NLB?





Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33