I got a little problem getting the static ip configuration to work on one of the Windows 7 machine, DHCP works but i need to be static. Here is the layout of my network:
1. Modem conected to:
2. 4 port wireless router conected to:
3. 8 port SMC giga switch conected to:
3a. Windows 7 computer - static ip
3b. WinXP computer - static ip
3c. Network printer - static ip
3d. Network camera - static ip
3e. 5 port SMC giga switch
3e. The 5 port SMC giga switch conected to:
3ei: WinXP computer - static ip
3eii. Windows 7 computer - with two lan cards
Lan card 1: its a 10/100 card that works both in DHCP and static form. (its disabled right now) Lan card 2: ITs a 10/100/1000 card that only seems to work in DHCP form. Once i set it up as static, the computer wont see the network (without connection).
1. Both Windows 7 boxes are configured the same way except the ip number of course.
2. The ip range on the network is in the 192.168.1.xxx
3. Gateway and Primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
4. Subnet: 255.255.255.0
5. I have disabled IPv6 (read in forums that might help) still doesnt work.
I have ran out of ideas.. :s