I have a problem that I've been trying to solve for the last hour, unsuccessfully. After the latest Windows Update, I can no longer connect to the Internet. I've been looking through several answers, both here at Seven Forums, and at other places, but haven't found anything.
- Here's my problem:
- If I check ipconfig, the fields "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" and "Default gateway" are blank.
- The OS displays my network as "Unidentified network" and displays no access to anything (not even my computer to the LAN).
- I tried disabling the LAN-connection and re-enabling it, which worked the first time, but stopped working as soon as I put the computer to sleep or turned it off, and now it doesn't work again.
- The Windows Troubleshooter says "Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP Configuration" (which is quite understandable, see point 1).
- MSN Messenger gives Windows error code 80072ee7, but looking it up, it only applies to Windows Update, but I can't connect to the Internet at all (tried the fix anyway, but it didn't work).
If anyone can give me some tips, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!