Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Need help buying new router!


26 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 
Need help buying new router!

Which brand of router do u prefer? Linksys, Belkin, TRENDnet, or netgear? My 2 other dlink routers malfunction and i need a new one.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Sorry to hear your other 2 D-Link routers malfunctioned...personally I prefer D-Link over other brands, and their drivers work well with Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Jul 2010   #4
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I had good luck with Netgear. It is very easy to set up which is also important. With Linksys I had more trouble, but the router worked ok.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/Windows 8.1 64bit
 
 

Also it may depend on your ISP, some provide a router to work with their service.

It's like all things you can't really say what's best everyone has their favourite and some work better with some connections than others. I'd find out what others are using with your ISP's service and see which are more reliable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imeem View Post
Which brand of router do u prefer? Linksys, Belkin, TRENDnet, or netgear? My 2 other dlink routers malfunction and i need a new one.
Another way is to ask your friends what they are using and why they selected that brand.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by imeem View Post
Which brand of router do u prefer? Linksys, Belkin, TRENDnet, or netgear? My 2 other dlink routers malfunction and i need a new one.
Another way is to ask your friends what they are using and why they selected that brand.
All my friends don't care about the brand of their router (they are not very techy), let alone know what is the brand of the router they have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Also it may depend on your ISP, some provide a router to work with their service.

It's like all things you can't really say what's best everyone has their favourite and some work better with some connections than others. I'd find out what others are using with your ISP's service and see which are more reliable.
The router from my ISP cost $150-200$ CAD to buy and $4.50-$7.00/month for rent.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

man choosing a router is harder than choosing clothing and deodorant (lol). I have to buy one tomorrow, going to ask the people at best buy for advice/suggestions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2010   #10

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Thats ridiculous. Many ISPs let you get a router for free, as long as you return it when you end service with them.

I use a Linksys router. Once we got it working right, we haven't had any issues with it since. What gave use problems was Linksys wireless cards. My friend has a D-Link and has had no problems with it. He just plugged it in and was ready to go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Need help buying new router!




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Need help buying new router!
Thread Forum
Need Help Buying A New Router Network & Sharing
Solved Should I purchase a Router/Switch/Modem/Router Network & Sharing
advice needed for buying a router Network & Sharing
Tips and Recommendations/questions for buying a new Router? Network & Sharing
Need Some Help with Cable Modem to Gray Fox Router to Switch Router Network & Sharing
Wireless N Router + ADSL2 Modem/Router Network & Sharing
Best wireless router to replace my wired router Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33