Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: U.S Government going to W7


13 Nov 2010   #1

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 
U.S Government going to W7

I found this and thought you all might want to read it. The V.A. and U.S. Air Force are making the jump to Windows 7 first to be followed by the other government agencies.
Air Force starts long trek to Windows 7 -- Defense Systems

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Nov 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I found this and thought you all might want to read it. The V.A. and U.S. Air Force are making the jump to Windows 7 first to be followed by the other government agencies.
Air Force starts long trek to Windows 7 -- Defense Systems
It's about time and I think besides all the usual problems they would face with this upgrade the security features of Windows 7 systems are far superior to XP which made this a no brainer for the armed forces to mandate the upgrade.

XP is so last decade.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Nov 2010   #3

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I found this and thought you all might want to read it. The V.A. and U.S. Air Force are making the jump to Windows 7 first to be followed by the other government agencies.
Air Force starts long trek to Windows 7 -- Defense Systems

Hi there
Maybe it's time then to go back to W2K or perhaps forward to W8.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Nov 2010   #4

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

By the time the government gets from Win95 to Win 7 we will be on the
Windows twentyforum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2010   #5

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
By the time the government gets from Win95 to Win 7 we will be on the
Windows twentyforum.
That's no joke. From what I understand the IRS is several versions of Windows behind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Nov 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 x2 + x86 + Windows 8.1 x64 x2
 
 

Off topic posts removed

lets keep things on topic
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2010   #7

Windows 7 premium 64 bit
 
 

I work for the government and we just got "new" computers, 2gb ram, 160gb hard drives, and windows XP. I would KILL to have what I have at home for a work computer. Maybe by the time I go to retire in 25 years we'll have something close, but I doubt it. I do a lot of work with ArcGIS and the computers at work are SOOOO slow with that. I look forward to when we get windows 7 at work!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Nov 2010   #8

Windows 7 Fire x32
 
 

As much as I love Windows 7, I think it's stupid for the government to be using Windows period, because any version of Windows has it's flaws. A better operating system for them to use is Linux, secure, easy to use, and convenient.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

lol fail
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2010   #10

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rhino23 View Post
I work for the government and we just got "new" computers, 2gb ram, 160gb hard drives, and windows XP. I would KILL to have what I have at home for a work computer. Maybe by the time I go to retire in 25 years we'll have something close, but I doubt it. I do a lot of work with ArcGIS and the computers at work are SOOOO slow with that. I look forward to when we get windows 7 at work!
Are they last year's netbooks?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 U.S Government going to W7




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33