Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Senate Approves Internet Censorship Bill

21 Nov 2010   #31
Klaw117

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cclloyd9785 View Post
THIS is what Im talking about when I tell all my friends that Obama is trying to turn us communist.
What makes this bill Obama's idea?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
21 Nov 2010   #32
bigcitycat

Windows Seven, Ubuntu
 
 

I'm not 100% sure but I think the article is saying it was approved thru committee. It still has to go to the Senate floor for a vote and has to be passed in the House of Representatives and be signed by the President to become law. The Republicans are opposed to this regulation and it won't come up for a vote till they take control of the House. This isn't going to become law.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #33
Skulblaka

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

That's it, I'm getting a laptop, getting my "stuff" through it, then transferring them to my rig. This insolence will NOT stop me!

By the way, it there a way to make a laptops IP to appear as a foreign IP or simply bypass this garbage? Also, Europe sounds appealing...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Nov 2010   #34
Colonel Travis

Black Label 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigcitycat View Post
I'm not 100% sure but I think the article is saying it was approved thru committee. It still has to go to the Senate floor for a vote and has to be passed in the House of Representatives and be signed by the President to become law. The Republicans are opposed to this regulation and it won't come up for a vote till they take control of the House. This isn't going to become law.
Every (R) member of the Senate Judiciary Committee voted in favor of this bill, and it also had 7 (R) co-sponsors. As mentioned earlier, it was a (D) Senator not on that committee who's been leading opposition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #35
Colonel Travis

Black Label 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cclloyd9785 View Post
THIS is what Im talking about when I tell all my friends that Obama is trying to turn us communist.
What makes this bill Obama's idea?
Not sure if this bill was Obama's idea, but it would give the AG a lot of power. The AG is appointed by the president and takes charge of the broad policies the president supports, and one of those broad policies is going after intellectual property theft by any means necessary, which is how it's behaved on everything the past two years. Ever heard of the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator? I hadn't, because that position has never existed until Obama. That person is Victoria A. Espinel, one of those many "czars" that Obama has appointed without Congressional approval. What does Victoria A. Espinel do? Stuff like going out and shutting down sites without approval from Congress or anyone else. This president has also appointed 5 RIAA lawyers to high DoJ positions. It is no secret the direction this administration is taking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2010   #36
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

I doubt Obama was the one who started this he is a crucial part of our Goverment but really we have three parts to this deal in the US we learned this in school

Before Obama even signs anything he still has to get a ok himself this is typical Goverment action agaist things they do not understand basicly NWO comes to mind Communist i think not NWO yes any little issue nowdays is blown way out of context

If this was the case they should ban everything or atleast focus thiere attention to something that really needs to be done in the world like produce jobs and stop telling people what to do that is why everything is messed up in the first place

That is why we're still in Iraq Because they want to control the world
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #38
Catswold

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Colonel Travis View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cclloyd9785 View Post
THIS is what Im talking about when I tell all my friends that Obama is trying to turn us communist.
What makes this bill Obama's idea?
Not sure if this bill was Obama's idea, but it would give the AG a lot of power. The AG is appointed by the president and takes charge of the broad policies the president supports, and one of those broad policies is going after intellectual property theft by any means necessary, which is how it's behaved on everything the past two years. Ever heard of the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator? I hadn't, because that position has never existed until Obama. That person is Victoria A. Espinel, one of those many "czars" that Obama has appointed without Congressional approval. What does Victoria A. Espinel do? Stuff like going out and shutting down sites without approval from Congress or anyone else. This president has also appointed 5 RIAA lawyers to high DoJ positions. It is no secret the direction this administration is taking.
Does anyone doubt that Obama would sign this abomination if it reached his desk? It's very much in line with his statist mind set.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #39
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Catswold View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Colonel Travis View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
What makes this bill Obama's idea?
Not sure if this bill was Obama's idea, but it would give the AG a lot of power. The AG is appointed by the president and takes charge of the broad policies the president supports, and one of those broad policies is going after intellectual property theft by any means necessary, which is how it's behaved on everything the past two years. Ever heard of the U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator? I hadn't, because that position has never existed until Obama. That person is Victoria A. Espinel, one of those many "czars" that Obama has appointed without Congressional approval. What does Victoria A. Espinel do? Stuff like going out and shutting down sites without approval from Congress or anyone else. This president has also appointed 5 RIAA lawyers to high DoJ positions. It is no secret the direction this administration is taking.
Does anyone doubt that Obama would sign this abomination if it reached his desk? It's very much in line with his statist mind set.

I don't think he would because so far he has tryed to do the right thing
It pretty much sucks he has to pick up the pieces of the former pres and on top of it being the first Blk pres is being under alot of pressure to succeed

No matter what Obama does even if he was like Clinton i think this is the one and only chance a Blk man has a chance to change the world

I not making it a racial debate before people take it wrong Im just saying seems no matter what he does they always go back to that instead of thinking of him as our leader
If he does pass or not Someone is still going to fire off on him Especially these Big cry baby Companies that are the real one's complaining the Rich begets Rich Just a bunch of greedy Ceo's and politics Just look what happened to the city of Bell in Southern California tottal choas and melt down not to mention hefty prision sentences
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #40
Lunarpancake

Windows 8 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka View Post
That's it, I'm getting a laptop, getting my "stuff" through it, then transferring them to my rig. This insolence will NOT stop me!

By the way, it there a way to make a laptops IP to appear as a foreign IP or simply bypass this garbage? Also, Europe sounds appealing...


This is what VPN's are for.....not really but its what most p2p users use VPN's for. Make sure the VPN allowed p2p, doesnt save information, and is not based out of USA or UK.

Im not saying you should download illegal content (you shouldnt, and I dont). Nothing is foolproof. If you are seeding a movie that is popular and out in theatres obviously you are going to have a much higher risk of being caught than if you are seeding an 80s flick. Just dont be dumb!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Senate Approves Internet Censorship Bill




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Senate panel says Apple avoids billions in U.S. taxes
USA Today
Chillout Room
Amended cybercrime bill passes Australian Senate
Link: Amended cybercrime bill passes Senate | News.com.au
Chillout Room
Arizona bill could criminalize Internet trolling!
Arizona bill could criminalize Internet trolling "Arizona marches to the beat of its own drummer. But if that drummer gets upset and starts hollering on the Internet, he might get tossed in the clink."
News
IEEE Approves 802.22 Standard (aka Super Wi-Fi)
Read more at: Maximum PC | IEEE Approves 802.22 Standard (aka Super Wi-Fi)
News
Senate 'Internet Kill Switch' Bill Moves Forward
Source Our government at work, here is what I got trying to view the story on our Homeland Security website. Instills confidence A Guy
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:22.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App