Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone.....

21 Dec 2010   #1
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 
Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone.....

Quote:

Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone Ventures

There's been a creeping sense of inevitability to Google's rise to the top of the technology food chain. The company successfully beat back Apple's once-best-selling iPhone with its Android platform, and did so in less than two years. It is taking on Microsoft in virtually every market imaginable, a feat that just a few years ago would be described as impossible fantasy. And it appears to be dominating all others in the nascent market for cloud computing, leveling the playing field for individuals and companies of all sizes.

There's just one problem. Most of Google's products and services aren't actually that competitive, and some are even downright horrible. More problematic for the online giant: Two of its highest profile new products are already considered failures, one so bad that the company has pulled it out of next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) so it can completely revamp for a later re-release in 2011.

I'm writing about Google's Nexus S smartphone and Google TV.
Google Confronts High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smart Phone Ventures

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Dec 2010   #2

 
 

Bit hot near that sun eh Icarus?

Not enough fingers for all those pies Google?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

He doesn't really tell the full story about Google's smartphones. The Nexus One was only pulled from Google's web store. Not every other store that was selling it. It was still widely available from other places. Plus Android isn't limited to just one phone like iOS.

Though in respect to the overall topic, Google are trying too hard and doing too much to try and be at the top.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
He doesn't really tell the full story about Google's smartphones. The Nexus One was only pulled from Google's web store. Not every other store that was selling it. It was still widely available from other places. Plus Android isn't limited to just one phone like iOS.

Though in respect to the overall topic, Google are trying too hard and doing too much to try and be at the top.
agreed, there tryin to get in everywhere.

at the same time tho nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition! keep the lads at Microsoft on there toes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote:

Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone Ventures

There's been a creeping sense of inevitability to Google's rise to the top of the technology food chain. The company successfully beat back Apple's once-best-selling iPhone with its Android platform, and did so in less than two years. It is taking on Microsoft in virtually every market imaginable, a feat that just a few years ago would be described as impossible fantasy. And it appears to be dominating all others in the nascent market for cloud computing, leveling the playing field for individuals and companies of all sizes.

There's just one problem. Most of Google's products and services aren't actually that competitive, and some are even downright horrible. More problematic for the online giant: Two of its highest profile new products are already considered failures, one so bad that the company has pulled it out of next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) so it can completely revamp for a later re-release in 2011.

I'm writing about Google's Nexus S smartphone and Google TV.
Google Confronts High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smart Phone Ventures
Anyone who wants to try to spin any part of the Android platform to be a "failure" might as well hang it up and look at the sheer numbers. Currently 300,000 android phones are being activate PER DAY. If that's a failure, all I can say is wow!

And this statement: "Most of Google's products and services aren't actually that competitive, and some are even downright horrible" is simply a bold-faced lie. How can the author even pen such tripe, with no basis in reality? Again, if Google is failing, we should all be so lucky!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 8.1 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MacGyvr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote:

Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone Ventures

There's been a creeping sense of inevitability to Google's rise to the top of the technology food chain. The company successfully beat back Apple's once-best-selling iPhone with its Android platform, and did so in less than two years. It is taking on Microsoft in virtually every market imaginable, a feat that just a few years ago would be described as impossible fantasy. And it appears to be dominating all others in the nascent market for cloud computing, leveling the playing field for individuals and companies of all sizes.

There's just one problem. Most of Google's products and services aren't actually that competitive, and some are even downright horrible. More problematic for the online giant: Two of its highest profile new products are already considered failures, one so bad that the company has pulled it out of next month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) so it can completely revamp for a later re-release in 2011.

I'm writing about Google's Nexus S smartphone and Google TV.
Google Confronts High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smart Phone Ventures
Anyone who wants to try to spin any part of the Android platform to be a "failure" might as well hang it up and look at the sheer numbers. Currently 300,000 android phones are being activate PER DAY. If that's a failure, all I can say is wow!
That's what I meant with him saying Google's smartphone platform was a failure. You can't say because one phone was a failure on, Google's web shop alone, then the whole platform is a failure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone.....




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Google Faces High Profile Failures in Internet TV and Smartphone.....
Thread Forum
Firefox faces uncertain future as Google deal apparently ends News
High DPC latency when using Network/internet Network & Sharing
Really High Ping and Slow Internet Network & Sharing
Google pays $10,000 to fix 10 high-risk Chrome flaws News
High Ping, and Slow Internet Network & Sharing
Internet failures Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33