|07 Jan 2011||#1|
| || |
Microsoft Numbers of 2010 for Windows 7, Windows Phone 7 and Kinect fo
Windows 7 continues to sell at the rate of 7 copies per second, as the operating system is now months into the second year on the market.
Quote: Originally Posted by Marius Oiaga
The fastest selling platform in history continues to enjoy strong momentum, and the recent announcements related to the next iteration of Windows are bound not to impact the operating system’s performance.
At the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Microsoft touted two additional bestselling products, Windows Phone 7 and Kinect for Xbox.
You will be able to find the numbers shared by the software giant at the bottom of this article.
I’m quite surprised that Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer did not produce new statistics for the market success of Windows 7 as well as other products, including Office 2010.
I was half expecting Ballmer to reveal that Windows 7 sold copies had passed the 300 million mark by the end of 2010, a milestone which a number of analysts forecasted, and considering the holiday season shopping spree seemed within reach.
The official number of sold Windows 7 licenses remains at 240 million until the Redmond company will see fit to provide an update.
However, Microsoft has been less shy about applauding the success of Kinect for Xbox 360. The NUI sensor for the Xbox console seems to be outselling hot cake.
“Over the holiday season, console sales for the Xbox 360 hit 50 million, making it the No. 1-selling console in North America for the past six months,” said David Dennis, group public relations manager for Xbox.
“The Xbox LIVE community continued to grow in leaps and bounds last year, adding a new member every two seconds. Xbox LIVE has more than 30 million active members.”
Another extremely successful product is Windows Phone 7. More than 1.5 million smartphones equipped with the latest Windows Mobile platform from Microsoft have already been sold by OEMs.
Aaron Woodman, director of the Mobile Communications Business at Microsoft noted that “The reality is, this launch was the first of many steps. Product satisfaction is the most important figure to us, and we have the highest product satisfaction number we’ve ever had.”
The Microsoft Numbers of 2010
Xbox & Kinect for Xbox 360
• 8 million: Number of Kinects sold in first 60 days
• 50 million: Xbox 360s sold to date
• 30 million: Number of Xbox LIVE members
Windows Phone 7
• 100: Average number of new apps in the marketplace each day
• 5,500: Apps available in the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace
• 20,000: Developers registered to develop apps for Windows Phone 7
• 1.5 million: Windows Phone 7s sold by phone manufacturers in the first six weeks after launch
• 60: Number of mobile operators that carry Windows Phone 7
• 30: Number of countries where Windows Phone 7 is available
• 7: number of Windows 7 licenses sold per second
• 20 million: Number of downloads of Internet Explorer 9 beta
• 500 million+: Number of Windows Live users worldwide
• 20: Percentage of PCs connected to the Internet running Windows 7.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Microsoft Numbers of 2010 for Windows 7, Windows Phone 7 and Kinect fo|
|Microsoft sued over Windows Live Tiles - Win 8 + Phone||News|
|O2 sends phone numbers to Web Sites||Security News|
|help with making a kinect driver that emulates kinect as a mouse||Drivers|
|Microsoft touts 300,000 Windows Phone 7 dev-tool downloads||News|
|Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 (Windows Phone)||Microsoft Office|
|Microsoft Releases New Windows Phone 7 Development Tool||News|
|Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Screenshots and Live Demo Vid||Chillout Room|