|10 Mar 2011||#21|
These are the steps that I took
1. Downloaded the FF 4.0 installer file
2. Used MozBackup and backed up Firefox
3. Backed up the FF ReminderFox addon
4. Downloaded and installed the FF update from the "Help" menu
5. Made sure everything was okay
6. Uninstalled FF 4.0 using Revo Uninstaller set to "Moderate" which is the default.
7. Cleaned files and the Registry
8. Installed FF 4.0 using the installer file downloaded in step #1.
I took those steps above in order
1. To test FF 4.0 before doing a clean install
2. Doing a clean install of FF 4.0.
When I update any software from a Beta version to a general release (RTW) I always do a clean install of the general release.
After I did the update from Beta 12 through the FF menu I installed it cleaned by files and regsitry
|My System Specs|
|10 Mar 2011||#26|
For more details click on link.
Product Priorities for 2011
Our product priorities for 2011 are determined by our overall organizational context and the vision we're trying to achieve. They represent our understanding of what's required in order to produce a web browser that will be both successful in the market and representative of our vision of the web.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Firefox 4.0 RC out|
|Firefox Metro UI Preview reveals how Firefox will look in Windows 8||News|
|Plugin container for firefox and firefox eating up memory||Performance & Maintenance|
|Firefox - Workarounds for Add-On incompatiblities with Firefox updates||Tutorials|
|How to give suggestions for Firefox and Firefox Sync?||Browsers & Mail|
|Firefox 4.0, the Next Major Version of Firefox||Browsers & Mail|
|Firefox 3.5.8 and Firefox 3.0.18 Drop Today.||Browsers & Mail|
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.