Quote: Originally Posted by rocky90
so if this RC is the only one and is going to be the RTW build, will i be able to upgrade from the RC to the RTW when its released?
I was using FF 4.0 Beta 12 and was able to upgrade to FF 4.0 by going to "Help" ------------ "About Firefox"
These are the steps that I took
1. Downloaded the FF 4.0 installer file
2. Used MozBackup and backed up Firefox
3. Backed up the FF ReminderFox addon
4. Downloaded and installed the FF update from the "Help" menu
5. Made sure everything was okay
6. Uninstalled FF 4.0 using Revo Uninstaller set to "Moderate" which is the default.
7. Cleaned files and the Registry
8. Installed FF 4.0 using the installer file downloaded in step #1.
I took those steps above in order
1. To test FF 4.0 before doing a clean install
2. Doing a clean install of FF 4.0.
When I update any software from a Beta version to a general release (RTW) I always do a clean install of the general release.
After I did the update from Beta 12 through the FF menu I installed it cleaned by files and regsitry