accolon: Inserted my comments in bold
. if you are happy with the Mac, that is fine. Is it overpriced? in my opinion yes. But some people drive a Lexus even if it only is a fancy Toyota. I'm sure my PC case is more than I really need. you have soem good reasons for yourself to use a Mac (I'm sure a PC would fulfill most of the needs as well, though). I'm glad you used valid arguments and not the Apple brainwash commercials.
the thing that really ticks me about Apple are:
- their commercials that don't even explain what a Mac can do, but only pun on windows. Lowest level in my opinion. Like in elections when the only argument candidate A has is how bad candidate B is.
- the claims about viruses etc. there is no evidence a PC is less safe. MS does a great job patching security problems for free for 5 years (10 for businesses), there are AVP, firewalls etc. I'm not sure about Apple's patch policy, but I'm sure their AVPs are less advanced if any
- their claim about windows crashing. I think since XP that is the past. If something crashes, then because of some bad software. But that comes with the larger software choice to begin with. Also the wider choice of hardware brings more issues without holding choice against MS
- their claim that MS is evil: at least MS only sells me an OS, and doesn't force their hardware on me. MS gets sued for including a browser (that is free in all cases to begin with!), but Apple can include all their productivity software and hardware?
- their claim that PCs are slow. Do you know how fast i can run an energy simulation... well, and Apple can't run it at all. So the PC is faster in that case