|13 Jan 2009||#1|
| || |
Shuffle your Desktop Backgrounds in Windows 7
Windows 7 offers some really neat new personalization options for making your desktop yours. I wanted to share my favorite personalization option: the ability to shuffle desktop backgrounds. Windows 7 now supports selecting multiple pictures as desktop backgrounds which shuffle depending on how often you set it to shuffle.
I have a special folder called “Awesome Wallpapers” that is filled with, well, awesome wallpapers. I have my Windows 7 PCs shuffling between these photos every 10 minutes. I find it keeps my desktop “fresh”.
In the Windows 7 Beta – here’s how to enable shuffle for desktop backgrounds:
1. Right-click on your Desktop and choose Personalization.
2. Under the Personalization Control Panel, choose Desktop Background (bottom of screen).
3. Under Picture location, you can choose from the default locations for photos (including Top Rated Photos) or browse to a custom folder where you might be storing photos.
4. Choose multiple photos by checking each photo you want to appear as a background on your desktop.
5. At the bottom of the screen next to Picture position there is a drop down box and a check box for shuffling pictures on your desktop. Make sure the “Shuffle” checkbox is checked.
6. You can also customize how often pictures shuffle on your desktop via the drop down next to the “Shuffle” check box.
After selecting the backgrounds, enabling shuffle, and setting how often they shuffle – you can save your new “theme” in Windows 7 via the Personalization Control Panel (just click the back button from the Desktop Background screen).
You can see in the below screenshot I have a theme called “Brandon’s Awesome Theme”. Once you save your theme, it appears under “My Themes”.
TIP: You can also download new themes for the Windows 7 Beta by choosing “Get more themes online” under My Themes in the Personalization Control Panel.
You can download themes with new wallpapers from places around the world!
See tutorial: Desktop Slideshow
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Shuffle your Desktop Backgrounds in Windows 7|
|Personalize -> Desktop Background -> Shuffle SUX||Customization|
|Windows Desktop Backgrounds||Themes and Styles|
|Desktop Slideshow - Shuffle Images in Multiple Folders||Tutorials|
|Aero and desktop backgrounds on Windows 7 Starter||Customization|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.