Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Ruh-Roh: Wi-Fi Could Be Baking Your Sperm

30 Nov 2011   #11
Sub Styler

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Quote:
Not to be too dramatic, but we couldn’t live without our Wi-Fi connections. That could be our downfall, because as it turns out, future generations of young geeks may not be able to live with our Wi-Fi connections. While the proliferation of wireless hot spots is generally regarded as a Very Good Thing overall, a new study suggests that "a laptop connected wirelessly to the Internet on the lap near the testes may result in decreased male fertility." Basically, guys, all that YouTube browsing could be killing off your little soldiers.
Read more at:
Maximum PC | Ruh-Roh: Wi-Fi Could Be Baking Your Sperm
The heat from the laptop itself will cause "thermal sterilisation" anyway with or without wifi. This is well documented and is usually temporary, however in some cases after long term exposure to laptop heat the sterilisation may become permanent.

Not that I want to produce any more teapot lids (the 2 I have is just great). But I'm desktop wired connection anyway.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Nov 2011   #12
Urthboundmisfit

Win 10 Pro x64, Win 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Could that be what's behind the free wi-fi movement for the poor?
It's a conspiracy I tells ya... OCCUPY WI-FI!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2011   #13
seavixen32

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit
 
 

It's all a load of balls if you ask me!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Nov 2011   #14
Sub Styler

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
It's all a load of balls if you ask me!
+Like
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #15
JohnShilton

Windows 7 Home 32bit.
 
 

Well, the fools didn't even think that the wifi cannot penetrate the human skin at all. How would it reach the inner body? its the matter of common sense that people didn't think at all...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #16
Sub Styler

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JohnShilton View Post
Well, the fools didn't even think that the wifi cannot penetrate the human skin at all. How would it reach the inner body? its the matter of common sense that people didn't think at all...
What makes you think a 5ghz radiowave cant penetrate your skin?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #17
EvilOzzmess

7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

If you've ever put your finger on top of a radio's antenna, and noticed it STILL receives the RF signals despite that 1/2 - 1" of flesh and bone, that means the RF is passing THROUGH the tissues of your finger and STILL reaching the antenna to transmit the signal to the radio. If the RF signals DID NOT do this, the transmission would be lost and you'd stop hearing anything out of the radio.

It is the same for everything that uses RF. The difference between what is harmless and what is NOT harmless, is the TYPE of radioactivity - that's gamma or alpha. X-rays are NOT harmless, while an MRI IS harmless... because they are on different spectrum of the radioactivity scale.

By the way... the other difference that specifies whether radioactivity is safe or harmful is what those RF's do to the CELLS. If they permeate the CELL WALL and alter (Mutate) the DNA (Nucleus), they are dangerous. If they do NOT pass through the cell walls, and do NOT alter the DNA (CANNOT penetrate the Nucleus), they are safe.


Yes, I am a Science geek. Deal with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #18
Urthboundmisfit

Win 10 Pro x64, Win 7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by EvilOzzmess View Post
If you've ever put your finger on top of a radio's antenna, and noticed it STILL receives the RF signals despite that 1/2 - 1" of flesh and bone, that means the RF is passing THROUGH the tissues of your finger and STILL reaching the antenna to transmit the signal to the radio. If the RF signals DID NOT do this, the transmission would be lost and you'd stop hearing anything out of the radio.

It is the same for everything that uses RF. The difference between what is harmless and what is NOT harmless, is the TYPE of radioactivity - that's gamma or alpha. X-rays are NOT harmless, while an MRI IS harmless... because they are on different spectrum of the radioactivity scale.

By the way... the other difference that specifies whether radioactivity is safe or harmful is what those RF's do to the CELLS. If they permeate the CELL WALL and alter (Mutate) the DNA (Nucleus), they are dangerous. If they do NOT pass through the cell walls, and do NOT alter the DNA (CANNOT penetrate the Nucleus), they are safe.


Yes, I am a Science geek. Deal with it.
Like x 100
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #19
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Talking on cell phones can give your brain cancer, eating is unhealthy, breathing is unhealthy, having sex is unhealthy, living is unhealthy. what's next - Being born can shorten your life

Not to trivialize things but good grief
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2011   #20
gilbert32

windows 7 home premium 64bit
 
 

and don't forget that watching too much YOUTUBE can hurt your eyes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Ruh-Roh: Wi-Fi Could Be Baking Your Sperm




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Explain baking the GPU in the oven concept
My laptop is a Dell D620, which has a reputation for GPU heat problems. I baked the motherboard in the oven (GPU is integrated), it's old, I don't care if it didn't work. But it worked. Screen was full of distortion and artifacts before I did it, now it's good as new. Also cleaned out the fan,...
Graphic Cards
Baking Bread
I would like to hear from some of the other members (especially from some of the members who not live in the USA) concerning baking bread. First I'll start with a question. How many of you who have baked bread use sugar as one of the ingredients? The reason I ask is because virtually all of the...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App