Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: A look ahead: 2012 is Microsoft's turning point

31 Dec 2011   #1
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 
A look ahead: 2012 is Microsoft's turning point

Quote:
2011 was in many ways a quiet (albeit thoroughly profitable) year for Microsoft. The company made big, important announcements—the Nokia partnership, the Windows 8 reveal—but neither had much impact in 2011. Nokia has released only a couple of handset models in a few countries this year, and Windows 8 is not yet in beta.

2011 for Microsoft was all about telling us what to look forward to.

2012 will be when that talk becomes real. 2012 will be when lots of Microsoft's talk becomes real.

Microsoft has talked of its "three screens and a cloud" strategy—the plan to have Microsoft software on the PC (which, in Redmond's view, includes the tablet), the TV, and the phone, with the Microsoft-powered cloud tying everything together. In 2012, this strategy is going to become visible in a way it hasn't been before.
A look ahead: 2012 is Microsoft's turning point

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2011   #2
whs

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote:
And Metro is going to be everywhere
God save the PC, please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

i felt 2011 was apples year imo hopefully they surpass apple and Microsoft brings out some good products
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Dec 2011   #4

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
2012

As people have said, 2011 (albeit the year when Steve Jobs died) was Apple's year in many ways. They consolidated their hold on the collective consumer consciousness with some accessible products, nicely designed.
2012 should be the year when Microsoft push home their advantages in the corporate space at the same time driving a wedge into the mobile market with Windows Phone updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote:
And Metro is going to be everywhere
God save the PC, please.
+1 to that!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote:
And Metro is going to be everywhere
God save the PC, please.
+1 to that!
Could finally be Linux' big break...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

If it hasn't happened for Linux by now, it never will!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #8

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
God save the PC, please.
+1 to that!
Could finally be Linux' big break...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by echrada View Post
If it hasn't happened for Linux by now, it never will!
Agree! It's decent but not ready for prime time.

Tried Ubuntu a few years back & liked it. It's fine for web surfing & maybe online music but has major support issues, namely a serious lack of commercial software like, well... all of them. Printer driver support is decent now but not so much 5 years ago. Video editing is basic at best. Not for the faint of heart for difficult software installs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #9

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GARoss View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
+1 to that!
Could finally be Linux' big break...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by echrada View Post
If it hasn't happened for Linux by now, it never will!
Agree! It's decent but not ready for prime time.

Tried Ubuntu a few years back & liked it. It's fine for web surfing & maybe online music but has major support issues, namely a serious lack of commercial software like, well... all of them. Printer driver support is decent now but not so much 5 years ago. Video editing is basic at best. Not for the faint of heart for difficult software installs.
i like windows better then linux ,less headaches tryed linux ubuntu and mint before mint was alright but had some compabitly issues with stuff so i just went away from that and sticked to my love windows <3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jan 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

promises, promises, promises......I would have more faith if Microsoft would get rid of Ballmer and put someone in charge who actually gets it. As for Metro "God save the PC" +1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A look ahead: 2012 is Microsoft's turning point





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33