Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Rumor Mill: Windows 9 to Be Codenamed Windows Blue


14 Aug 2012   #21

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
A security leak in cloud computing. (Big Time). Who can better protect your information than you on your own computer. Once it's in a cloud the security is in someone else's hands. You can be assured that the contract will be worded in such a fashion so they can't be held responsible for your informations security. Cloud computing is not new but the name is new. Your email, and all the social nets like YouTube, Face Book hold information on the users is in a cloud. On somebody eases computer accessed using the Internet. Think back, how many times they get hacked. This is nothing but skulduggery to me.
I keep my financial information on my PC and NO WAY am I going to trust that data to the cloud. I'll go back to personal visits to the bank, or doing things over the phone, or snail mail with my brokerage firm if need be.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Aug 2012   #22

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. (On both machines)
 
 

I would hazard a guess that Ms keep an eye on this forum, at least from time to time.

I wonder if the message is getting through?

I believe that "The Suits" and The Bean Counters are telling the engineers, developers and imagineers what to do and how to do it. Ms no longer goes boldly, having lost something along the way to being a Megacorp.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2012   #23

Desk Top with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and Lap Top with Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bertison View Post
I would hazard a guess that Ms keep an eye on this forum, at least from time to time.

I wonder if the message is getting through?

I believe that "The Suits" and The Bean Counters are telling the engineers, developers and imagineers what to do and how to do it. Ms no longer goes boldly, having lost something along the way to being a Megacorp.
I would agree with that. Maybe they'll learn something about how many people feel who use their software .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Aug 2012   #24
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

Windows 7, the new XP. It will be for me if this trend keeps up. I don't need nor do I want to forced into "The Cloud".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2012   #25

Desk Top with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and Lap Top with Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Windows 7, the new XP. It will be for me if this trend keeps up. I don't need nor do I want to forced into "The Cloud".
I agree. I like to save MY stuff on MY devices in MY home when I please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2012   #26

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

WOW! One person, based on the code name, speculated that it means the OS following Win8 is going to be cloud based and everyone is now in panic mode. I also do not like the idea of being tied to the cloud since it would be less secure, more expensive, and I may not always have a decent internet connection available. Windows 7 is going to be around until 1/14/2020, plenty of time for MS to reconsider if they do go cloud based, assuming they do. I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist until there is more definite word on it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2012   #27

Desk Top with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and Lap Top with Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
WOW! One person, based on the code name, speculated that it means the OS following Win8 is going to be cloud based and everyone is now in panic mode. I also do not like the idea of being tied to the cloud since it would be less secure, more expensive, and I may not always have a decent internet connection available. Windows 7 is going to be around until 1/14/2020, plenty of time for MS to reconsider if they do go cloud based, assuming they do. I'm not going to get my knickers in a twist until there is more definite word on it.
Not exactly "panic mode", just trying to convey our feelings about cloud which is for real. Maybe not, but that could be what MS has in mind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2012   #28

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

I really hate the direction MS is moving in. Linux is not going to save you though. Have you seen how utterly crappy Fedora 17's desktop is? How about Ubuntu 12.04? They are trying to get so fancy, and the usability is rapidly going down hill. This is coming from someone who likes Linux and has been dual booting for a long time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #29

Windows 2000 Pro SP4+ / Windows 7 Pro SP1 (both 32-bit)
 
 

Code Blue? Forget the Cloud, this makes me think of bigger and better bluescreens.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2012   #30

Windows 2000 Pro SP4+ / Windows 7 Pro SP1 (both 32-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dtxx View Post
... Have you seen how utterly crappy Fedora 17's desktop is? How about Ubuntu 12.04? They are trying to get so fancy, and the usability is rapidly going down hill ...
But, isn't it easier in the GNU/Linux distros, than it is in MS Windows, to change the default desktop environment to something more pleasing? Just curious ... maybe I'm wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Rumor Mill: Windows 9 to Be Codenamed Windows Blue




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33