|24 Sep 2009||#1|
Six Ways to Help Customers Extend their Web Sites
Wow – do we have a bunch of announcements for you! If you care about Web sites, read on. From really cool media scenarios, to making it easy getting started on the Microsoft Web Platform, to advanced tweaks to your Web site – we have something for all walks of life to check out. Let’s cut to the chase.
Today, Microsoft announced updates to six important IIS Extensions:
· IIS Application Request Routing 2.0 RC adds support to enhance disk based cache and cache proxy for content delivery networks while increasing Web application reliability and scalability through rule-based routing and load balancing of HTTP server requests.
· IIS Search Engine Optimization Toolkit Beta2 helps Web developers, hosting providers, and Web server administrators to improve their Web site’s relevance in search results by recommending how to make the site content more search engine-friendly.
· IIS URL Rewriter 2.0 RC adds support for outbound response rewriting while enabling Web administrators to create powerful rules to implement URLs that are easier for users to remember and easier for search engines to find.
· IIS Web Deployment Tool RTW simplifies the migration, management, and deployment of IIS Web servers, Web applications, and Web sites.
· IIS Database Manager RTW allows you to easily manage your local and remote databases from within IIS Manager.
· Coming soon, IIS Media Services 3.0 RTW, an integrated HTTP-based media delivery platform, combines all IIS media extensions - including IIS Live Smooth Streaming - and delivers true HD (720p+) streaming for users and real-time logging to measure media investments.
Microsoft also announced three significant enhancements to the overall Microsoft Web Platform:
· The new Microsoft® WebsiteSpark™ program makes it easy for Web professionals to get the software and support needed and a marketplace to grow their business on the Microsoft Web Platform.
· The Microsoft Web Platform Installer 2.0 RTW provides developers with a simplified, ‘one click’ installation of technologies in the Web stack – including IIS Extensions, amplifying ease of use and reducing complexity.
· The Windows Web Application Gallery provides access to over 20 popular, free, and ready to install Web apps to build Web sites and Web applications that run on Windows.
If you can’t decide where to start, first get the newMicrosoft Web Platform Installer 2.0RTW – this is your one-stop shop to get everything for the Microsoft Web Platform. From IIS Extensions to the Windows App Gallery, there is sure to be something useful for your Web site endeavors.
Senior Product Manager
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Best way to back up a customers computer
Let's say I have a friend have me fix their computer and I got there computer to a perfect (or near perfect) state. I would want them to have a way to revert back to exactly how they set it, right? What would be the best way to back up their computer so they could get back to that state. should i...
|Backup and Restore|
BSOD but only When on Customers Domain
I have a customer with Server 2008 Std Domain (64Bit), 8 XP SP3 Workstations and 3 Win 7 X64 Workstations. I rebuilt one Windows 7 x64 PC in April Last year and it has been Randomly BSOD'ing and hanging (About once a month initially), But Only at their premises on their domain. If I bring it...
|BSOD Help and Support|
Sony does not care about their customers
Before you buy a Sony product, you may want to read my story. I bought an $1100 Vaio laptop from them. At first there were problems with it and they sent a tachnician to the house to exchange the motherboard. That was good service. But the first time I wanted to run a live CD (which runs...
any sites where i can check a sites ip address
check a sites ip address just by typing in the url? thanks
Turning Pirates into Paying Customers
Ex-Kazaaer wants to turn pirates into paying customers! Here's how it works, as described by the Sydney Morning Herald. Azaak is meant for ISP-level deployment, and will intercept attempts at Internet piracy. Anyone who attempts to search for nasty, evil, pirated software, movies, or music will...
|Network & Sharing|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.