Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: "Well below expectations" Windows 8 sales


18 Nov 2012   #11
Microsoft MVP

 

Our role here will be more important than ever to reassert Windows 7 supremacy. Backing that is the unvarnished fact it is the best OS ever, still virtually in its infancy with anything worthwhile from 8 only needing importation via SP2.

Bookmark: DownUpgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

or just turn off Secure Boot and Bypass UEFI altogether: Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2012   #12

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I reckon Layback Bear is right. Surely to God someone should have realised that forcing an idiotic touchscreen on desktop users would alienate most people who have been happily using the desktop in Windows 7.

I would like to upgrade but I can't really be bothered wasting time making the OS run the way I want, not the way some spotty faced little herbert in programming thinks.

It can't be beyond Microsoft's ability to allow me to choose between a bunch of children's tiles or a plain desktop during installation.

Please MS, just let me boot directly to the desktop and I will upgrade tomorrow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2012   #13
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote:
some spotty faced little herbert in programming
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Nov 2012   #14
Microsoft MVP

 

This solves most of the ills, grafting on your same Windows 7 Start button and Menu, while toggling off (until you turn it back on) the Metro button wall with crApps: Windows 7 Start Menu for Windows 8

Then these replica gadgets replace another popular desktop feature inexplicably left out: 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8

I cannot decide if it's actually faster without Metro loaded into RAM as stated. It seems to perform the same as Windows 7 but without the classier transparency.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #15

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

Quote:
some spotty faced little herbert in programming
I do programming too!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #16

Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, Win 7 Ult x86 SP1
 
 

Maybe just a rumor or maybe the message is being heard...

With Sinofsky Gone, Start Menu Could Return to Windows 8
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #17

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DavidW7ncus View Post
Maybe just a rumor or maybe the message is being heard...

With Sinofsky Gone, Start Menu Could Return to Windows 8
With classic shell, it did and so did it make 8 useable.


MS is a bit of a rudderless ship in the leader departments.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #18

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
This solves most of the ills, grafting on your same Windows 7 Start button and Menu, while toggling off (until you turn it back on) the Metro button wall with crApps: Windows 7 Start Menu for Windows 8

Then these replica gadgets replace another popular desktop feature inexplicably left out: 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 8


I cannot decide if it's actually faster without Metro loaded into RAM as stated. It seems to perform the same as Windows 7 but without the classier transparency.
Just my point Greg. With 3rd party programs Windows 8 can be made more PC friendly. That should of been done by Microsoft from the get go.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #19
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Yeah, but if I have to twist and tweak Windows 8 for getting Windows 7, what's the point in having it. Might as well stay on /7. And how many people are skilled enough to do the tweaking correctly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #20
Microsoft MVP

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Yeah, but if I have to twist and tweak Windows 8 for getting Windows 7, what's the point in having it. Might as well stay on /7. And how many people are skilled enough to do the tweaking correctly.
Exactly. Any actual improvements like with Explorer can be slipped into Windows 7 SP2. It can then remain the desktop OS. This is their way out. Stop trying to pry Windows 7 off of PC's and out of users hands and finally recognize they have the best OS ever, still young and wildly popular.

Win8 is for tablets and phones, unless you want it on a desktop.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 "Well below expectations" Windows 8 sales




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33