Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows XP is a ticking time-bomb with only 500 days to go


24 Nov 2012   #1
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 
Windows XP is a ticking time-bomb with only 500 days to go

Quote:
The countdown clock has been ticking on Windows XP for a couple of years now, but the end is coming into view. There are only 500 days to go before Microsoft ends its extended support, and that means no more patches and no more security fixes. Given that XP is not exactly famous for its security, this represents a significant risk.
Read more at source:
Windows XP is a ticking time-bomb with only 500 days to go | ZDNet

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Nov 2012   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

It seems the legacy of Windows XP is going to end in 500 days; if people haven't even migrated to Windows 7 yet, then why is Microsoft making such a big push with Windows 8?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #3
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

Why you say? Because they want more $$$$
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Nov 2012   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Why you say? Because they want more $$$$
Yes obviously, but sometimes I think Microsoft and many other large businesses, just become fixed on large their profit margins are and it then just becomes their primary aim; in an ideal world it would be nice for businesses to have more focus on producing a quality product rather than worry so much about profits.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Yes obviously, but sometimes I think Microsoft and many other large businesses, just become fixed on large their profit margins are and it then just becomes their primary aim; in an ideal world it would be nice for businesses to have more focus on producing a quality product rather than worry so much about profits.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I have only one relative left who uses XP, thanks in part (ahem) to my persistent whining when having to work on their computers. My step mother will never change her O.S. I'm afraid, not at least until its impossible to get a copy of 7. Yes, a big part of XP is older people who are "nervous", but also business's or so the statistics say. Imagine their discomfort level when ALL they can upgrade to will be 8. Grab all the copies you can while you can
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #7
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I would not worry about it. If a few big companies want the service extended (and that is likely going to happen), Microsoft is going to do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #8

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by indianacarnie View Post
I have only one relative left who uses XP, thanks in part (ahem) to my persistent whining when having to work on their computers. My step mother will never change her O.S. I'm afraid, not at least until its impossible to get a copy of 7. Yes, a big part of XP is older people who are "nervous", but also business's or so the statistics say. Imagine their discomfort level when ALL they can upgrade to will be 8. Grab all the copies you can while you can
Way ahead of you. I already have an unopened copy each of Home Premium and Ultimate. I want to get another copy of Ultimate but I'm waiting to see if I might get lucky and get it cheaper Cyber Monday.

Rather than worry about your step mother waiting to upgrade until it's too late to to get copy of Win 7, just quietly buy one now and sit on it until she is forced to upgrade by XP's swan dive.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #9

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I would not worry about it. If a few big companies want the service extended (and that is likely going to happen), Microsoft is going to do it.
I wouldn't count on that. With the arrogance Micro$not has been showing its customers lately (my way or highway attitude). I seriously doubt they would cave.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2012   #10

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Windows XP the best OS ever created by Microsoft, well Farewell Windows XP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows XP is a ticking time-bomb with only 500 days to go




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows XP is a ticking time-bomb with only 500 days to go
Thread Forum
A ticking noise followed by freeze Hardware & Devices
Sony laptop time bomb - won't boot with today's date Hardware & Devices
H Bomb Security News
BSOD 3rd time in 7 days error 1000009f BSOD Help and Support
Static Ticking Noise from USB DAC Hardware & Devices
That Windows 7 bootleg is a ticking time bomb News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33