Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Rumor - Microsoft to Release Windows Blue, the First Free Windows Ever

28 Nov 2012   #11
RoasterMen

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Goodbye Windows 8


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Nov 2012   #12
AC

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Hmmm...interesting... just GMTF away from Metro!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #13
Wordsworth

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Blue. Makes me think of Cloud. Won't be available as a standalone OS. Makes me think of download. Perhaps this is an exclusively cloud OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2012   #14
LittleJay

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP 1
 
 

Interesting read. I look forward to seeing if this "rumor" turns out to be fact.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #15
bigcitycat

Windows Seven, Ubuntu
 
 

Yearly upgrades? In my experience after two upgrades all hell breaks loose. Meaning at some point it will be recommended to purchase a new version because of breakage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2012   #16
GARoss

Windows 7 64-bit
 
 

Blu-buntu - Windows for Avatar's Navi People!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2012   #17
JerometheGiraff

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 714 View Post
Hmmm...interesting... just GMTF away from Metro!
There is nothing wrong with Metro, Windows8. Just cause 90% of the worlds population can't figure it out, makes the other 10% I guess, gurus.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2012   #18
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 714 View Post
Hmmm...interesting... just GMTF away from Metro!
There is nothing wrong with Metro, Windows8. Just cause 90% of the worlds population can't figure it out, makes the other 10% I guess, gurus.
Hi there
try and use W8 when you have large numbers of applications with many levels of menus and submenus.

If you want to scrol left about 20 KM to find anything --good for you but most of us don't work like that.

For Mobile phones / tablets or even desktops with very few complex applications installed it's fine --but just try installing something like Full adobe CS suite or Visual composer.

I'm not bothered about an extra click to get into the desktop - but in order to work productively I would need to totally clutter my desktop with commonly used applications as it's a real hassle scrolling the W8 GUI when there's no HIERARCHIAL facility.

As I said works fine for mobile phones / tablets / simple workstations -- not fit for purpose on desktops with complex applications.

If you haven't got any of these complex apps installed then you really don't know how HORRIBLE the W8 GUI is to use in these circumstances.

I don't mind it on a small laptop just running Office and a few programs like Winamp and VLC --but anything more complex -- forget it.



I rest my case.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2012   #19
Superevil

Windows 7 Pro x64
 
 

Get ready for ads built into your OS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2012   #20
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Hmmm, to my way of thinking, the first "free Windows" was the Wine emulator on Linux. Lots of 16 bit Gui apps ran fine on wine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Rumor - Microsoft to Release Windows Blue, the First Free Windows Ever




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft confirms Blue to be free for existing Windows 8 users
Read more at source: Microsoft confirms Blue to be free for existing Windows 8 users | ZDNet
News
Rumor Mill: Windows 9 to Be Codenamed Windows Blue
Windows BLUE... next to Windows 8 ? Rumour ? have a look at this... :) Rumor Mill: Windows 9 to Be Codenamed Windows Blue - Softpedia
News
Rumor: HP to release 'Hurricane' tablet with..........
Rumor: HP to release 'Hurricane' tablet with WebOS in Q3 Source: Rumor: HP to release 'Hurricane' tablet with WebOS in Q3 - AfterDawn
Chillout Room
Download New Free Windows 7 Bing’s Best Theme Release.
. Source - Download New Free Windows 7 Bing?s Best Theme Release - Available from Microsoft - Softpedia
Customization
Rumor: Microsoft Courier tablet runs Windows 7, coming
Read the rest here: Rumor: Microsoft Courier tablet runs Windows 7, coming 2010 - Ars Technica
Hardware & Devices
Microsoft to release free security software soon
Microsoft to release free security software soon | Security - CNET News
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App