Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Rumor - Microsoft to Release Windows Blue, the First Free Windows Ever


09 Dec 2012   #31
bobafetthotmail

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Well, every one of them has a job, as they don't earn anything from what they do and they still need to eat. It's just a hobby for them, they do it because they find it fun, not for money like the bulk of criminals do.

Which is why with Open Sourcing you can attract them (and the more common benign kinds) and harness their skills for near-free (as you need some kind of infrastructure for the thing to work).

I'm reminded of a 3D puzzle game called Foldit, that is actually a way to harness human gamers to do useful research in protein folding, and is going very well. It's something that happens anyway (the gamers could play something else and will still have fun), but it can be harnessed to do useful things.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2012   #32
Dallas 7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Microsoft wants to Crush Linux then push Apple out of the way. Windows will then be open source, to a point.
Windows will crush Apple it's coming.

If Microsoft wants to "crush" anyone, they'll have to find something better than W8 to do it with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2012   #33
King Arthur

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dallas 7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JerometheGiraff View Post
Microsoft wants to Crush Linux then push Apple out of the way. Windows will then be open source, to a point.
Windows will crush Apple it's coming.

If Microsoft wants to "crush" anyone, they'll have to find something better than W8 to do it with.
To be fair, Microsoft did manage to crush a lot of peoples' enthusiasm with Windows 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Dec 2012   #34
HammerHead

win 7 X64 Ultimate SP1
 
 
Wine

Win 8 couldn't crush a grape.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2012   #35
x BlueRobot

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Win 8 couldn't crush a grape.
I don't know what Windows 8 can do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2012   #36
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Superevil View Post
Get ready for ads built into your OS
FInally a true comment!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
I just wish Microsoft would have given us the option to use either mode like in windows 7 one could set it up as classic mode to look like xp
It would have been nice to be included, but luckily, there's plenty of free and cheap software to add that choice...enough so that all the complaining about it is a waste of time and effort.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2012   #37
Dallas 7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
I just wish Microsoft would have given us the option to use either mode like in windows 7 one could set it up as classic mode to look like xp
It would have been nice to be included, but luckily, there's plenty of free and cheap software to add that choice...enough so that all the complaining about it is a waste of time and effort.
Something is fundamentally wrong with W8 if you need to buy software to make it look like W7.
When I bought W7 it worked great right out of the box, no face lift needed!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2012   #38
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dallas 7 View Post
Something is fundamentally wrong with W8 if you need to buy software to make it look like W7.
When I bought W7 it worked great right out of the box, no face lift needed!
It would have been nice to have the option included, but you don't need to buy anything to make it look or act like Windows 7. The software is only for a Start Menu. Even then, you still can use a free alternative, or you can just use the Desktop as is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2012   #39
Dallas 7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dallas 7 View Post
Something is fundamentally wrong with W8 if you need to buy software to make it look like W7.
When I bought W7 it worked great right out of the box, no face lift needed!
It would have been nice to have the option included, but you don't need to buy anything to make it look or act like Windows 7. The software is only for a Start Menu. Even then, you still can use a free alternative, or you can just use the Desktop as is.
Unlike W7 which is an excellent system, W8 needs a facelift right out of the box, and it's designed for tablets, PCs were supported as an afterthought.

I bought a new computer with W7 just before W8 launched for the express purpose of avoiding W8.
Since then I bought my wife an IPad Mini.
No W8.
Maybe W9, if Microsoft gets their head screwed back on straight.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2012   #40
lkgriffith

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
It's just a hobby for them, they do it because they find it fun, not for money like the bulk of criminals do.
Oh? If you don't do it for money, then it is OK to break and enter into private property? I understand that you don't think such distinctions as property are important, especially if it is intellectual property. However, it simply exposes the very low level of ethics you hold. I take it that you are ashamed to actually earn a living and to be able to pay for the things you need to live. You would much rather live off (steal) the products of other people than actually earn money to trade value for value!

As far as I am concerned, when you break and enter without my permission, I should have the right to blow you away without so much as batting an eye. The degree or lack of the protections I have in place are irrelevant. That it was MY property is sufficient reason for me. I acquired/created that property by expending MY life. You do not have a right to one nanosecond of MY life or any of my property exactly because it is MY LIFE that was the price I paid to acquire/create that property!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Rumor - Microsoft to Release Windows Blue, the First Free Windows Ever




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App