Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Google Wallet allows money transfers as Gmail attachments


22 Jul 2013   #1

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 
Google Wallet allows money transfers as Gmail attachments

Quote:
Google Invites Users To Send Money Via Gmail

Google has begun sending out invitations to try the new version of Google Wallet that allows users to send money via Gmail. The invitations are being sent to those who previously expressed interest in testing the revised Google Wallet.

The company first announced plans to integrate Google Wallet with Gmail at its developer conference in May and made the service available on a viral basis: The only way to try the combined service was to receive funds via Gmail from someone in the initial pool of testers, who had been granted early access.
(Full story: Google Invites Users To Send Money Via Gmail - Mobility - Smartphones




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jul 2013   #2

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

I doubt I would even consider the feature personally,
But I'm sure I'll see plenty of popups about the feature in the future.
Hard to trust Google with anything ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Like using Google Wallet for PayPass NFC purchases. But will only use PayPal transfers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Aug 2013   #4

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

I would love to walk away from Google but I'm trapped with a ton (tonne) of Gmail emails.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Windows XP SP3, Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jadinolf View Post
I would love to walk away from Google but I'm trapped with a ton (tonne) of Gmail emails.
Try installing something like Thunderbird.

I use Yahoo and I have Thunderbird connected to it.
I let Thunderbird create copies of my Yahoo mail messages and then I store the file as a backup.

You can probably do the same thing with Outlook.
I have Outlook, but I never use it because it is such a pain to set up and use (pst files are flaky too).

I have noticed that email programs are just like media players (i.e. ridiculously difficult to use).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2013   #6

Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jadinolf View Post
I would love to walk away from Google but I'm trapped with a ton (tonne) of Gmail emails.
Try installing something like Thunderbird.

I use Yahoo and I have Thunderbird connected to it.
I let Thunderbird create copies of my Yahoo mail messages and then I store the file as a backup.

You can probably do the same thing with Outlook.
I have Outlook, but I never use it because it is such a pain to set up and use (pst files are flaky too).

I have noticed that email programs are just like media players (i.e. ridiculously difficult to use).
I use Postbox.

Have a problem with TBird.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2013   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote:
Google Invites Users To Send Money Via Gmail

Google has begun sending out invitations to try the new version of Google Wallet that allows users to send money via Gmail. The invitations are being sent to those who previously expressed interest in testing the revised Google Wallet.

The company first announced plans to integrate Google Wallet with Gmail at its developer conference in May and made the service available on a viral basis: The only way to try the combined service was to receive funds via Gmail from someone in the initial pool of testers, who had been granted early access.
(Full story: Google Invites Users To Send Money Via Gmail - Mobility - Smartphones

Oooh good! i can have an empty virtual wallet as well now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2013   #8

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Google Wallet allows money transfers as Gmail attachments




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Google Wallet allows money transfers as Gmail attachments
Thread Forum
Gmail attachments go to outbox in WLM Browsers & Mail
Gmail adds support for search inside message attachments News
Solved Problem www.google.com / gmail.com Browsers & Mail
Fed up with gMail & Google Browsers & Mail
How Google Spies on Your Gmail Account (And How To Stop It) Security News
Outlook 2010 and Gmail Attachments Microsoft Office
Google Mail Rebranded as Gmail in the UK News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33