Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Google bigger than Facebook, Netflix and Instagram combined


23 Jul 2013   #1

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 
Google bigger than Facebook, Netflix and Instagram combined

Quote:
We all know that Google is big, but a study released Monday showing exactly how big Google has become.

Google, and its bevy of services, including Gmail, search, YouTube and Maps, now account for 25% of all Internet traffic in North America, on average, according to Deepfield, an Internet monitoring company that released the data. 25% sounds good but how significant is that in the online world?

To put it another way, Google's bite is bigger than Facebook, Netflix, and Instagram traffic combined, Deepfield said.
Source

A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Jul 2013   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Am I surprised? Nope.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #3

W7 X-64 W8.1 X-64 Opensuse 13.1 W2003 Server
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote:
We all know that Google is big, but a study released Monday showing exactly how big Google has become.

Google, and its bevy of services, including Gmail, search, YouTube and Maps, now account for 25% of all Internet traffic in North America, on average, according to Deepfield, an Internet monitoring company that released the data. 25% sounds good but how significant is that in the online world?

To put it another way, Google's bite is bigger than Facebook, Netflix, and Instagram traffic combined, Deepfield said.
Source

A Guy
Hi there
And ????.

So a Gorilla is bigger than a Chimpanzee and ????

I'm not sure this thread has ANYTHING to do with News about / concerning / of interest to / for Windows 7.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jul 2013   #4

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

Google devices are getting more popular,
I myself was contemplating the switch from iphone 4 on my next contract/ carrier as well lol,
But in all fairness comparing Google with Facebook ?
It would be fairer Facebook and Google+ and I wouldn't get those stats from Google
But yes there is a Gorilla in the room and it's definitely Google.
Can't say many good things about gmail in general compared with others like outlook.com,
But Google does have a very good spell checker in Google toolbar/ far better than Chromes or ie10's
But in shear size/ Surprised no.
I'm more surprised people are not more concerned with the invasion of Privacy by Google.
Possibly people know they're really not that interesting after all lol ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #5

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote:
We all know that Google is big, but a study released Monday showing exactly how big Google has become.

Google, and its bevy of services, including Gmail, search, YouTube and Maps, now account for 25% of all Internet traffic in North America, on average, according to Deepfield, an Internet monitoring company that released the data. 25% sounds good but how significant is that in the online world?

To put it another way, Google's bite is bigger than Facebook, Netflix, and Instagram traffic combined, Deepfield said.
Source

A Guy
Hi there
And ????.

So a Gorilla is bigger than a Chimpanzee and ????

I'm not sure this thread has ANYTHING to do with News about / concerning / of interest to / for Windows 7.

Cheers
jimbo
Google provides countless internet services, and has an OS on many devices. This is computer related news. If it doesn't interest you, move on

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #6
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

This also has nothing to do with News about / concerning / of interest to / for Windows 7, Brink posted it though.
Yahoo to take Flickr offline for six hours
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Quote:
People always need to find information and communicate, and, I guess, watch movies of cats."
I don't think I have ever knowingly watched a movie of a cat. What on earth for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #8

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Quote:
People always need to find information and communicate, and, I guess, watch movies of cats."
I don't think I have ever knowingly watched a movie of a cat. What on earth for?
I saw Cats eye it was pretty cool/ very young Drew Barrymore I think I was part of a thousand ways to die ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Internet, Google and.. cats are all computer related lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jul 2013   #10

Win 7 32 Home Premium, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1 Pro
 
 

Collusion

Quote:
Collusion is an experimental add-on for Firefox and allows you to see all the third parties that are tracking your movements across the Web. It will show, in real time, how that data creates a spider-web of interaction between companies and other trackers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Google bigger than Facebook, Netflix and Instagram combined




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Google bigger than Facebook, Netflix and Instagram combined
Thread Forum
At wits end with google chrome and facebook videos Software
Google want a bigger bite... News
Do you prefer the taskbar buttons combined or not combined? General Discussion
Google's getting bigger and bigger, SageTV acquired. Chillout Room
Google Toolbar got Bigger Browsers & Mail
Google engineering gaggle flees Facebook. Security News
Google, Bing take bigger bites of search market; Yahoo? Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33