Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bill Gates Under Pressure to Quit Microsoft


02 Oct 2013   #1

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Bill Gates Under Pressure to Quit Microsoft

Quote:
Three top investors in Microsoft are taking aim at Bill Gates to step down as chairman of the company he founded nearly 40 years ago, according to reports.

The mystery backers have not been named but are understood to be lobbying the company's board of directors for Mr Gates to be replaced, unnamed sources say.

The investors are said to be of the view that Mr Gates' presence on the board is blocking the adoption of new development strategies and making it hard for the chief executive to make substantial changes.
more...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Oct 2013   #2

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Only 5% share ownership makes them top investors? Without Gates, who knows how much more damage Ballsmore could have done (and yes, I know he's Gates' good bud).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Problem is if Gates own more then 50% of the Company which most smart men do when having investors

They have to buy him out and I doubt that would happen either it's about money the others can't make more profit when the Big dog is there controlling it once Gates retires or Passes on they will mutilate his work and we will be dragged down a long road of BS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Oct 2013   #4

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

In my opinion Mr. Bill Gates at one time had his heart and money in Microsoft. Now he has less money in Microsoft and even less heart in Microsoft.
Also in my opinion when someone runs a company that big and that long they just plain get tired. I think he hired Ballmer to take the load off his shoulders and guide the company to being bigger and better.
How well did that work out?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
In my opinion Mr. Bill Gates at one time had his heart and money in Microsoft. Now he has less money in Microsoft and even less heart in Microsoft. Also in my opinion when someone runs a company that big that long they just plain get tired.

Big Amen to that but they also won't go away that easy either I sure wouldn't especially if people who didn't build my company want me out I would as soon break the company apart before that happens

In some cases he probably has a plan but it isn't going down how they want it to
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2013   #6

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

It is kind of like giving up your first born. Not easy to do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2013   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Problem is if Gates own more then 50% of the Company which most smart men do when having investors

They have to buy him out and I doubt that would happen either it's about money the others can't make more profit when the Big dog is there controlling it once Gates retires or Passes on they will mutilate his work and we will be dragged down a long road of BS
Apparently Bill Gates only owns 4.5% now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Problem is if Gates own more then 50% of the Company which most smart men do when having investors

They have to buy him out and I doubt that would happen either it's about money the others can't make more profit when the Big dog is there controlling it once Gates retires or Passes on they will mutilate his work and we will be dragged down a long road of BS
Apparently Bill Gates only owns 4.5% now.
But he still has to be voted off the board correct ,They just can't kick him out i'm sure he has lots of material patents under his name that would screw them up if he chooses to sue them over it if that were to happen I am going on hypothetical thought here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2013   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Problem is if Gates own more then 50% of the Company which most smart men do when having investors

They have to buy him out and I doubt that would happen either it's about money the others can't make more profit when the Big dog is there controlling it once Gates retires or Passes on they will mutilate his work and we will be dragged down a long road of BS
Apparently Bill Gates only owns 4.5% now.
But he still has to be voted off the board correct ,They just can't kick him out i'm sure he has lots of material patents under his name that would screw them up if he chooses to sue them over it if that were to happen I am going on hypothetical thought here
That's one of their arguments. That he wields greater power than his shareholding would suggest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Oct 2013   #10

W7 X-64 W8.1 X-64 Opensuse 13.1 W2003 Server
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
Quote:
Three top investors in Microsoft are taking aim at Bill Gates to step down as chairman of the company he founded nearly 40 years ago, according to reports.

The mystery backers have not been named but are understood to be lobbying the company's board of directors for Mr Gates to be replaced, unnamed sources say.

The investors are said to be of the view that Mr Gates' presence on the board is blocking the adoption of new development strategies and making it hard for the chief executive to make substantial changes.
more...
Hi there
plenty of precidents in the business world for these types of changes -- once the founder / entrepreneur has done his / her stuff sometimes it's better they move on -- Bill gates is much more interested with his work with his foundation.

Remember also Virgin Records / megastores, Virgin trains and a whole slew of other stuff bearing Richard Branson's name -- he is only involved I think with his airline now.

There's nothing wrong with this - just "Natural Business evolution". Usually the entrepreneurial spirit that founds these types of businesses doesn't want to do the day to day boring stuff or get involved in tedious meetings with the "Suits" etc etc.

cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bill Gates Under Pressure to Quit Microsoft




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33