Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE11 Makes Over 40% Web More Secure While Sites Still Work

14 Dec 2013   #21

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

The were some IE11 updates the other day and every since then I've had some mostly minor issues including this one on this site. Notice the white line....

IE11 Makes Over 40% Web More Secure While Sites Still Work-capture.jpg

It only happens sometimes though, and only at this site

Anyway unlike some here I can't "downgrade" since both my machines are 8.1. In fact I just built this system using 8.1 as the OS.

The other issue I've had with 11 since first trying it some months back is it's inability to play live stream media from some NFL sites like Giants.com. Live content simply won't play. Although I haven't had a chance to try it out again since the new updates came out. Will see Sunday when the game is broadcast live.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Dec 2013   #22

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

Yea I get that line your showing too on ie10 at times/ usually if I use the F5 key to force refresh,
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #23

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Never seen it before. Even when I had IE10.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Dec 2013   #24

W7 X-64 W8.1 X-64 Opensuse 13.1 W2003 Server
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
The were some IE11 updates the other day and every since then I've had some mostly minor issues including this one on this site. Notice the white line....

Attachment 297353

It only happens sometimes though, and only at this site

Anyway unlike some here I can't "downgrade" since both my machines are 8.1. In fact I just built this system using 8.1 as the OS.

The other issue I've had with 11 since first trying it some months back is it's inability to play live stream media from some NFL sites like Giants.com. Live content simply won't play. Although I haven't had a chance to try it out again since the new updates came out. Will see Sunday when the game is broadcast live.
Hi there

Try and set that site to compatibility mode.

Also if you still can't get the streams uncheck the enhanced security feature.

Some sites might still also require Silverlight (DRM Crud etc). If that's the case download the latest version and allow the plugin in IE.

(I'm not a big fan of loads of plugins --way to easy for "Invasionware" to get installed -- I prefer everything to be within the browser --but that's my preference.

I gave up on FIREFOX for that very reason. On Linux I use the standard KDE browser KONQUEROR or OPERA - both good too. Resisting Chrome so far at all costs.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #25

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Never seen it before. Even when I had IE10.
I did notice we use the same forum theme sf classic,
That line lines up with the lower content frame,
Although I'm not sure why it only appears on the left side and not the right as well,

You can check to see if Document mode-Edge is still being used F12 emulations.

In ie10 I simply shift to ie10 doc mode and it goes away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #26

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
The were some IE11 updates the other day and every since then I've had some mostly minor issues including this one on this site. Notice the white line....

Attachment 297353

It only happens sometimes though, and only at this site

Anyway unlike some here I can't "downgrade" since both my machines are 8.1. In fact I just built this system using 8.1 as the OS.

The other issue I've had with 11 since first trying it some months back is it's inability to play live stream media from some NFL sites like Giants.com. Live content simply won't play. Although I haven't had a chance to try it out again since the new updates came out. Will see Sunday when the game is broadcast live.
Hi there

Try and set that site to compatibility mode.

Also if you still can't get the streams uncheck the enhanced security feature.

Some sites might still also require Silverlight (DRM Crud etc). If that's the case download the latest version and allow the plugin in IE.

(I'm not a big fan of loads of plugins --way to easy for "Invasionware" to get installed -- I prefer everything to be within the browser --but that's my preference.

I gave up on FIREFOX for that very reason. On Linux I use the standard KDE browser KONQUEROR or OPERA - both good too. Resisting Chrome so far at all costs.

Cheers
jimbo
Thanks Jimbo, I've tried all those things, and do have Silverlight installed

If you remember I've been complaining about this particular issue since release of IE11. Why the NFL sites don't play is beyond me. As I said, once the shows are achieved, they play fine, just not live.

And I could see if it was just on one machine, but this is on both my laptop and desktop running 8.1. And even when I had Win 7, once I installed IE11, the issue arose; when I temporarily moved back to 10 the issue went away, so yeah, definitely an IE11 issue with these sites.

Anyway I now have to use Firefox to listen to live streaming for Giants.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #27

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Never seen it before. Even when I had IE10.
I did notice we use the same forum theme sf classic,
That line lines up with the lower content frame,
Although I'm not sure why it only appears on the left side and not the right as well,

You can check to see if Document mode-Edge is still being used F12 emulations.

In ie10 I simply shift to ie10 doc mode and it goes away.
Well as I said it only happens sometimes as it's currently not showing and I've done nothing differently
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #28

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

I have seen it on the default Android Browser so i doubt it is a browser problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #29

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Well what else could it be if not a browser problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #30

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

That is interesting because depending on which forum theme you use the document mode page default seems to change,
On sf classic theme on ie10 it uses ie7 standards,
I switched to sf dark and the doc mode page default switched to ie9 standards ?
So somewhere in that line I believe is a odd occurrence going on which might be the same case with ie11 but just guessing,
Cheers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE11 Makes Over 40% Web More Secure While Sites Still Work




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: IE11 Makes Over 40% Web More Secure While Sites Still Work
Thread Forum
Solved IE11 and security (can't access sites like 127.0.0.1:9000) - solved Browsers & Mail
Installing Windows 7 Ultimate makes some devices not to work Installation & Setup
Secure sites Don't Recognize Passwords Browsers & Mail
secure sites Browsers & Mail
PDF Statements from Secure Sites Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33