Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: After 15 Years Of Whipping The Llama’s Ass, Winamp Shuts Down


12 Dec 2013   #101

Windows 7
 
 

I've been using winamp since 1999. I'm going to miss it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Dec 2013   #102

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

no need to stop using it, it just wont be updated. im using it right now

having said that the petition reached 40,000 the other day and there are a number of devs and software programmers that have stepped forward to work with it if AOL will allow it to go open source
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #103

Windows 7 Home Prem x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BSeanD View Post
I've been using winamp since 1999. I'm going to miss it.
Save the version that works best for U in a seperate Winamp folder.

Anytime ya need to reload, presto!

There it is.

I've also saved the plugins and skins I like the most in the same folder on my music HD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Dec 2013   #104

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkfriday View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BSeanD View Post
I've been using winamp since 1999. I'm going to miss it.
Save the version that works best for U in a seperate Winamp folder.

Anytime ya need to reload, presto!

There it is.

I've also saved the plugins and skins I like the most in the same folder on my music HD.
I do that with all programs I download. One never knows if a program's website will go south or the program be "improved" to something less acceptable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #105

Windows 7 Home Prem x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Obviously you can get Winamp at Winamp dot com but there are some official add on's you can get from here:

Winamp Essentials Pack Free Download - Audio Plugins

Very useful.
Very nice! TY
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2013   #106

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Windows XP SP3, Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Obviously you can get Winamp at Winamp dot com but there are some official add on's you can get from here:

Winamp Essentials Pack Free Download - Audio Plugins
What is the installer actually called?

I'm offered something called, "Winamp_Essentials_6_7_8_9_10.exe", not "Winamp Essentials Pack 5.6".

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I do that with all programs I download. One never knows if a program's website will go south or the program be "improved" to something less acceptable.
Agreed.
I have multiple copies of program installers (spanning several versions) saved.

Sometimes the new improved versions will be buggy.
On my PC, VLC v2.1.0 was a recent example of this.
I've had this happen several times in the past with VLC updates.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2013   #107

None
 
 

Winamp went dead here around 2002. I got sick of its problems and moved on. So did most others. And so this "news" isn't really news.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2013   #108

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2013   #109

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Dunno, those last three digits are kinda scary.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2013   #110

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I didn't notice that. Someone wasn't thinking when they chose the numbering.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 After 15 Years Of Whipping The Llama’s Ass, Winamp Shuts Down




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: After 15 Years Of Whipping The Llama’s Ass, Winamp Shuts Down
Thread Forum
Winamp 5.66 Last Winamp version Software
Solved Winamp and mad 0.15 ? Software
WINAMP Media Center
W7 and Winamp Music, Pictures & Video

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33