Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 ISO downloads links down again for 5 days


25 Mar 2014   #1
Microsoft MVP

 
Windows 7 ISO downloads links down again for 5 days

Update: Downloads are now back up at Windows 7 Direct Download Links, Official Disk Images from Digital River. Scroll down to your language.

This is posted on the page which links the Windows 7 ISO's for use by consumers for reinstalls and Repair Installs:

Quote:
Important Note 20 March 2014

Many downloads are currently unaccessible. This is the second time that this happened, so there's still the chance that the downloads come back in the next few days. But they might as well be pulled for good. To avoid broken downloads, we highly recommend the use of a download manager, and to check the hashes of the downloads.
If your download is no longer available, you can consider downloading an older version, a different language or a different Windows edition, and patch the disk so that it can install other editions as well. In any case, don't delay downloading. The downloads are disappearing at a quick rate.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Mar 2014   #2
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Grabbed the SP1 U media refresh iso two days ago.... 3.02Go, ouch!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2014   #3

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

hi gregR, thanks for the post.
need some clarifications here guys.
on the site, i'm seing

1)
a. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 U (media refresh)
b. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (old)

is the "sp1 U" the more up to date copy i should dl?

2)
Download Windows 7 DVD Image
-----------------------------

"To verify the integrity of your downloads,
you can check with MSDN. You'll find SHA1
and ISO/CRC check sums there. The site
requires login with a free Windows Live ID".

eerm! question is, when i get there what exactly do i do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Mar 2014   #4
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sandpd View Post
hi gregR, thanks for the post.
need some clarifications here guys.
on the site, i'm seing

1)
a. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 U (media refresh)
b. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (old)

is the "sp1 U" the more up to date copy i should dl?

2)
Download Windows 7 DVD Image
-----------------------------

"To verify the integrity of your downloads,
you can check with MSDN. You'll find SHA1
and ISO/CRC check sums there. The site
requires login with a free Windows Live ID".

eerm! question is, when i get there what exactly do i do?
Go to the MSDN site and go to Subscriber Downloads. Then in the Browse Products A-Z select W and then Windows 7. Now click Details for the ISO your interested in. The SHA1 will be listed there. As far as I know you can do all that without logging in. I only get prompted to log in when I try to download or request a key.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2014   #5

W7 X-64 W8.1 X-64 Opensuse 13.1 W2003 Server
 
 

Hi there
For those still on TechNet -- Grab from there too while you can. Note even the non VL versions from TechNet can be activated 10 or so times.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2014   #6
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

I'm good until 7/8/2014, I've pretty well grabbed all the keys I think I'll ever use. I've also exported them to XML and saved them to my PC. I downloaded all the ISO's I needed long ago.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2014   #7
Microsoft MVP

 

I'm concerned about the consumer who wants to get a decent install on their store-bought PC, or do a Repair Install. These OEM's except Dell don't provide clean copy DVD's of the OS, because sometimes their entire consumer PC profit margin comes from the preinstalled bloatware (including Office). But we know for sure that pre-installed Windows 7 is not even close to the quality of doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

To provide these for legitimate consumer use has been a struggle here for years. The forums was sanctioned and suffered in Google results for providing some site's ISO links until Heidoc educational institution provided a safe-harbor mirror. Now these are in question. It shouldn't be so hard to provide their customers with the best possible working install of the OS, something eminently within MS's interests.

There is a possibility this is a temporary glitch and/or will be corrected as it was a month ago.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2014   #8

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

hi kerry
thanks for the quick response.
i must admit i glanced through the download page the first time without paying much attention to all the information there....hence the reason i was confused about which file to download...me again, what else is new huh

anyway i went back and read everything over and now i know the file to download is the "Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 U (media refresh)"

Quote:
Go to the MSDN site and go to Subscriber Downloads. Then in the Browse Products A-Z select W and then Windows 7. Now click Details for the ISO your interested in. The SHA1 will be listed there. As far as I know you can do all that without logging in. I only get prompted to log in when I try to download or request a key.
i'm definitely going to follow your instructions to check the sh1.
thanks very much man

sammy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2014   #9
Microsoft MVP

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
I'm concerned about the consumer who wants to get a decent install on their store-bought PC, or do a Repair Install. These OEM's except Dell don't provide clean copy DVD's of the OS, because sometimes their entire consumer PC profit margin comes from the preinstalled bloatware (including Office). But we know for sure that pre-installed Windows 7 is not even close to the quality of doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

To provide these for legitimate consumer use has been a struggle here for years. The forums was sanctioned and suffered in Google results for providing some site's ISO links until Heidoc educational institution provided a safe-harbor mirror. Now these are in question. It shouldn't be so hard to provide their customers with the best possible working install of the OS, something eminently within MS's interests.

There is a possibility this is a temporary glitch and/or will be corrected as it was a month ago.

It has always been a struggle for the average Joe to get clean unmodified install media to redo their OEM PC when things go south. I have never understood why? To me it just seems to promote the use of pirated media, intentional or otherwise. I'd be reluctant to pay for recovery media that is just going to reimage all the bloat back on the system again. Well, I know for a fact I wouldn't do it on any of my systems. I'd find another way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Mar 2014   #10

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

the download link for "Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 U (media refresh)" is not working.

this is what I'm getting "The Page or File You Requested Could Not Be Provided"

where can I get to download this guys?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 ISO downloads links down again for 5 days




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 ISO downloads links down again for 5 days
Thread Forum
Downloads FireFox only downloads partial files?! Performance & Maintenance
IE9 RC Downloads Hit the 2 Million Mark in Just Days News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33