Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Normal service is resumed as Windows 7's growth once again.....

28 Jun 2014   #161
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I like Bleu cheese.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jun 2014   #162
Iforgot

Win7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
While I don't want to appear intellectual I will say I don't like Win 8. No matter if it can be kinda/sorta made to look like a real OS like w7, it looks like crap with the flat, squared off, uninteresting windows and menus.

Yeah I did give it a try out for about a month and I still didn't like it. I needed no more time "to get used" to it. If it doesn't appeal to me after 4 weeks, it ain't gonna happen after 8 weeks. Or 15 weeks.

I don't try to tell anyone that Win 8 sucks, but what it is I don't like about it, not that it makes a difference why I don't like Win 8, Fords, Bleu Cheese, long walks on the beach, or anything else, my choice.

I'm not the type who will blindly follow anyone's recommendations without my own research/testing.

The preceding has been the opinion of the writer and does not represent the position of the management of Seven Forums or its sponsors.
You don't like Fords?! What's wrong with you, man?!

What!!!! Cheese????????


Attached Images
Normal service is resumed as Windows 7's growth once again.....-wallacegromitcheese.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2014   #163
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Speaking of cheese....(look down)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2014   #164
dskiller

windows 7 64bit
 
 

something has been bothering me about windows 8.

and thats it been designed assuming everyone that bought a computer with it on it,will have an internet connection. just like the xbox one.

yes you can get 8.1 on cd, but if you dont have a internet connection or have dialup,like my mom. you wont be able to get the updates. or download thirdparty software for startmenu and such.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2014   #165
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18 MATE, W10IP VM, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 
Unfortunately ...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Foxit is looking pretty good.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
I've only used the free Adobe Reader, formerly Acrobat, and dumped it about two years ago for Foxit. Of course all I need it for is to open PDF files
I use Foxit.

Unfortunately Foxit has introduced a horrible Cloud sync feature.
You can disable it (uninstall) but If you disable it, the updater doesn't work properly.

On my PC, it hangs about halfway through the update process.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2014   #166
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dskiller View Post
something has been bothering me about windows 8.

and thats it been designed assuming everyone that bought a computer with it on it,will have an internet connection. just like the xbox one.

yes you can get 8.1 on cd, but if you dont have a internet connection or have dialup,like my mom. you wont be able to get the updates. or download thirdparty software for startmenu and such.
You could pretty much say the same about Win 7 or even Vista and XP.

My gripe along those lines is software manufacturers pushing cloud computing don't seem to understand that not everyone has affordable, reliable, unlimited broadband.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2014   #167
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Foxit is looking pretty good.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
I've only used the free Adobe Reader, formerly Acrobat, and dumped it about two years ago for Foxit. Of course all I need it for is to open PDF files
I use Foxit.

Unfortunately Foxit has introduced a horrible Cloud sync feature.
You can disable it (uninstall) but If you disable it, the updater doesn't work properly.

On my PC, it hangs about halfway through the update process.
Thanks for the heads up on Foxit's Cloud Sync. They have until 2017 to fix it or I will look elsewhere.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2014   #168
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18 MATE, W10IP VM, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Thanks for the heads up on Foxit's Cloud Sync. They have until 2017 to fix it or I will look elsewhere.
The PDF Reader work normally.

It's just that on my PC I have to either accept that the Cloud service runs constantly, OR manually update the program and disable that feature each time (I hate having superfluous services constantly running).

Also, it may be that Foxit doesn't like something to do with my PC's combination of hardware & software.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2014   #169
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Thanks for the heads up on Foxit's Cloud Sync. They have until 2017 to fix it or I will look elsewhere.
The PDF Reader work normally.

It's just that on my PC I have to either accept that the Cloud service runs constantly, OR manually update the program and disable that feature each time (I hate having superfluous services constantly running).

Also, it may be that Foxit doesn't like something to do with my PC's combination of hardware & software.
Couple of questions.

1. Just what is Foxit's Cloud Sync? What does it do and why is it so bad? I didn't see anything about it on Foxit's website.

2. What Foxit program are you using? I've been looking at their Phantom PDF Standard and Business.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2014   #170
Iforgot

Win7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Speaking of cheese....(look down)
And the Mouse thinking that, that cheese might have a bit too much bite to it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Normal service is resumed as Windows 7's growth once again.....




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Strange aquarium growth
I keep freshwater tropical fish and ever since I started using a different brand of fish food flakes (from China that smelt rather rank a real strong fishy smell) my tank is gradually being taken over by a growth of what looks to all intents and purposes a dark green / grey growth of cat's fur. ...
Chillout Room
AVG Posts Record Growth,Surpasses More Than 110 Million
Source - http://www.darkreading.com/vulnerability_management/security/antivirus/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222400155&subSection=Antivirus
Chillout Room
Nvidia looks to Windows 7, 'Tegra' for growth
CNET News
News
Microsoft’s 5th annual Growth and Innovation Day
Growth and Innovation Day 2009 . Microsoft
News
CNET: "Will Windows 7 stymie Mac OS X's growth?"
Read the rest: Will Windows 7 stymie Mac OS X's growth? | The Digital Home - CNET News
News
GPU Market: Strongest Growth In Six Years
GPU market delivers strongest quarterly growth in six years. Jon Peddie Research (JPR) released its Q3 2008 figures for the GPU market today. Despite the slowing economy, the GPU industry continues to grow. This has been a general trend for the tech industry throughout 2008, and may reflect the...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App