Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Normal service is resumed as Windows 7's growth once again.....

04 Jun 2014   #11
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Didn't unsubscribe although I promised...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
No idea why this has turned into a personal thread.
In first response to your original post, in post #2 a fellow member categorized Windows 8 users and those interested in it as "poke and go crowd". As a declared Windows 8 enthusiast and advocate, I do not like users who base their opinions in rumors and prejudice instead of facts and own experience to call me or other users names or categorize me as a user. I felt I have to respond to that.

My response is post #3.

In post #4 another fellow member reacting to my post posted invalid BS "facts" which needed to be corrected.

I am sorry if this took your thread to wrong path; I of course am already used to general consensus that it is OK and accepted to bash Windows 8 but not accepted to respond to that, and I should remember and respect that.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Irrelevant if I like it or not. It is still not selling.
Part of that, I am not saying all of it but certainly part of it, is because of this general consensus that you don't have to use Windows 8 at all to be allowed to criticize it, you can just bash it based on biased rumors and third party information without checking the facts. A lot of Windows 8's reputation is based on rumors and invalid facts circulating the Internet.

Kari


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jun 2014   #12
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

So just because I do not care for windows 8 makes me bashing it?

Wow. I get it, you like windows 8. That is fine. I am not trying to say you're wrong....

I have an honest statement on previous versions though. Isn't what I said true? If I am wrong, say so.

See post 6.

I am sorry if I am offending you, just honestly stating my opinions thats all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #13
Kari

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

 

Andrew, I did not say you were bashing Windows 8. Do not try to twist my words. I very clearly stated that I only responded to those invalid facts you presented. Read my post again, with your "facts" quoted and my comments to them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jun 2014   #14
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
So just because I do not care for windows 8 makes me bashing it?

Wow. I get it, you like windows 8. That is fine. I am not trying to say you're wrong....

I have an honest statement on previous versions though. Isn't what I said true? If I am wrong, say so.

See post 6.

I am sorry if I am offending you, just honestly stating my opinions thats all.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Andrew, I did not say you were bashing Windows 8. Do not try to twist my words. I very clearly stated that I only responded to those invalid facts you presented. Read my post again, with your "facts" quoted and my comments to them.
Guys, stop arguing and let's all pretend this never happened. Remember, our purpose on this forum is to help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #15
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Kari I think you are taking my opinions and reading them like I am saying they are facts. I know I do not have to use the store, I know I can avoid and not use metro completely. I know I can do simple tasks with just a much different way in 8, I know windows 8 is a desktop operating system etc.

I am saying I do not like or care for windows 8, nor do not see why people with windows 7 would want it. No where did I say you must use the store, you must have apps full screened etc. I was giving my opinion on it that is all.

You like it and that is great. To each his own.

The previous versions thing from post 6, I stated file history must have a drive set up to use it.

Windows 7 uses previous versions (shadow copies) and restores files from restore points. No external hard drive or another drive needed for setup, nothing needs to be turned on etc.

File history requires a drive to be set up and file history must be turned on. I am not able to use my C drive on my windows 8.1 pro vm.

From Microsoft article: Restore files or folders using File History - Windows Help

Windows Tutorials, Howtos, and More!: Windows 8: How To Recover Previous Versions Of Files


And computer, we are not fighting/arguing. Just talking I am voicing my opinions/facts whatever and kari is voicing his. He just did not like being called a poke and go crowd as it was a general statement about windows 8 users. I understand that. and possibly feels that windows 8 is bashed without reason. Layback bear stated he did not mean it in that way. So everythings fine. just talking about windows 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #16
Pete4

win7hp64
 
 

I have used Win 8 for about a year, I have Android tablets, I have Android phablet phone, so I'm speaking from personal experience, the Win 8 was completely useless, I was hoping I get used to it and never did. The constant messages "Win8 has new program to open this file", following with "Win can't open the file, looking for solution on internet" with final message "Win didn't find solution", and then trying to get back to desktop, which never worked on the first try, or going into metro interface any time I accidently put my mouse on the right edge, with no easy way to go back I mean the list goes on and did I mentioned how ugly and space wasting Metro is. But I totally lost it when I wasted almost an hour downloading win 8.1 upgrade, then wasted another 30 min waiting for computer to update files etc and then I got to the screen asking to input my e-mail. Since I don't have one with MS I pressed skip, which promptly, without any warning revert back to Win 8 and deleted whole 8.1 upgrade download without even asking. So now to upgrade I would have to go with whole procedure of downloading and installing from start. There goes 2 hours of my life I'll never get back and that's the moment I had enough and switched back to Win7.
%@#$ you MS for wonderful customer experience you gave me. You'll have to blackmail or bribe me to use Win 8 ever again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #17
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

LOL.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #18
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Kari I think you are taking my opinions and reading them like I am saying they are facts. I know I do not have to use the store, I know I can avoid and not use metro completely. I know I can do simple tasks with just a much different way in 8, I know windows 8 is a desktop operating system etc.

I am saying I do not like or care for windows 8, nor do not see why people with windows 7 would want it. No where did I say you must use the store, you must have apps full screened etc. I was giving my opinion on it that is all.

You like it and that is great. To each his own.

The previous versions thing from post 6, I stated file history must have a drive set up to use it.

Windows 7 uses previous versions (shadow copies) and restores files from restore points. No external hard drive or another drive needed for setup, nothing needs to be turned on etc.

File history requires a drive to be set up and file history must be turned on. I am not able to use my C drive on my windows 8.1 pro vm.

From Microsoft article: Restore files or folders using File History - Windows Help

Windows Tutorials, Howtos, and More!: Windows 8: How To Recover Previous Versions Of Files

And computer, we are not fighting/arguing. Just talking I am voicing my opinions/facts whatever and kari is voicing his. He just did not like being called a poke and go crowd as it was a general statement about windows 8 users. I understand that. and possibly feels that windows 8 is bashed without reason. Layback bear stated he did not mean it in that way. So everythings fine. just talking about windows 8.
Ok, I just wanted to make sure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #19
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18 MATE, W10IP VM, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 

One area where W8 has incontrovertibly excelled, is in promoting warfare on Windows forums.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2014   #20
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
One area where W8 has incontrovertibly excelled, is in promoting warfare on Windows forums.

I think instead of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, this is Call of OSes: Windows Warfare 8.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Normal service is resumed as Windows 7's growth once again.....




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Strange aquarium growth
I keep freshwater tropical fish and ever since I started using a different brand of fish food flakes (from China that smelt rather rank a real strong fishy smell) my tank is gradually being taken over by a growth of what looks to all intents and purposes a dark green / grey growth of cat's fur. ...
Chillout Room
AVG Posts Record Growth,Surpasses More Than 110 Million
Source - http://www.darkreading.com/vulnerability_management/security/antivirus/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222400155&subSection=Antivirus
Chillout Room
Nvidia looks to Windows 7, 'Tegra' for growth
CNET News
News
Microsoft’s 5th annual Growth and Innovation Day
Growth and Innovation Day 2009 . Microsoft
News
CNET: "Will Windows 7 stymie Mac OS X's growth?"
Read the rest: Will Windows 7 stymie Mac OS X's growth? | The Digital Home - CNET News
News
GPU Market: Strongest Growth In Six Years
GPU market delivers strongest quarterly growth in six years. Jon Peddie Research (JPR) released its Q3 2008 figures for the GPU market today. Despite the slowing economy, the GPU industry continues to grow. This has been a general trend for the tech industry throughout 2008, and may reflect the...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App