Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Verizon to begin throttling some users with Unlimited 4G LTE data plan

28 Jul 2014   #1
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 
Verizon to begin throttling some users with Unlimited 4G LTE data plan

Quote:
Verizon has made some displeased customers in the past, but they have made steps to try and win them back. Just recently, FiOS Internet users have received a huge speed boost for free. Verizon also joined other major companies to stop government requests for overseas data, despite being previously compliant. However, after multiple moves in the right direction, Verizon has backtracked by announcing a new policy that will begin to throttle some users of the Unlimited 4G LTE data plan this October.
Definition of unlimited again?

Source

A Guy


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jul 2014   #2
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

It's bound to happen peoples habits are expensive,

Steaming music all day/ videos adds up buddy

I got one for these music streamers buy and download the music and stop hogging bandwidth
gps is also a waste turn it off until you are really lost,

Too many apps = allot of waste too
People really just don't realize how much there habits really cost others,
But Unlimited if you don't like throttling file a lawsuit but wait,
Read the terms which are always subject to change and you agreed to that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2014   #3
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

The word (Unlimited) just don't seem to have the same meaning it use to.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jul 2014   #4
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Hi there

It's about time people started leaving VERIZON in droves -- modern usage of the Internet means people are going to stream more and more -- and why not. If they can't supply the service they have signed people up for then REFUND the MONEY and charge them less for the inferior service.

Hurt these people where it matters -- In their pockets.

The whole point of 4G it's meant to supply a very fast service where often you can't get "Classical" Internet at all or only slow via a Satellite. For "Bog standard phone calls" 4G is totally unnecessary - it was introduced primarily as a DATA service -- so let users USE DATA. If you can't supply it or have totally under-estimated the demand then FIRE the CEO -- but these people never get fired - they walk away with MILLIONS of dollars in their pockets for FAILURE.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2014   #5
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18 MATE, W10IP VM, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 

As usual I blame the Government.

Until massive punitive fines are imposed (>$1B US per customer affected) on the BoD (not the company) backed up by prison for non-payment (or perpetual Gitmo waterboarding) nothing will change.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
The whole point of 4G it's meant to supply a very fast service where often you can't get "Classical" Internet at all or only slow via a Satellite. For "Bog standard phone calls" 4G is totally unnecessary - it was introduced primarily as a DATA service -- so let users USE DATA. If you can't supply it or have totally under-estimated the demand then FIRE the CEO -- but these people never get fired - they walk away with MILLIONS of dollars in their pockets for FAILURE.
"Golden Parachutes" should be illegal for BoD members sacked due to incompetence or criminal behaviour.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2014   #6
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
As usual I blame the Government.

Until massive punitive fines are imposed (>$1B US per customer affected) on the BoD (not the company) backed up by prison for non-payment (or perpetual Gitmo waterboarding) nothing will change.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
The whole point of 4G it's meant to supply a very fast service where often you can't get "Classical" Internet at all or only slow via a Satellite. For "Bog standard phone calls" 4G is totally unnecessary - it was introduced primarily as a DATA service -- so let users USE DATA. If you can't supply it or have totally under-estimated the demand then FIRE the CEO -- but these people never get fired - they walk away with MILLIONS of dollars in their pockets for FAILURE.
"Golden Parachutes" should be illegal for BoD members sacked due to incompetence or criminal behaviour.
Hi there "Amen" to that one -- TESCO's supermarket (UK's biggest supermarket) which has been losing a lot of sales recently fired the CEO whose strategy had CLEARLY FAILED. Guess what? He walks with 15 MILLION STERLING in his pocket plus a PENSION of around Half a million Quid FOR LIFE !!!.

Why can't I find a job and get fired with that type of payout -- no I won't be greedy -- I'll take HALF A MILLION STERLING and a Pension of 100,000 Sterling. !!!!

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2014   #7
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18 MATE, W10IP VM, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Why can't I find a job and get fired with that type of payout -- no I won't be greedy -- I'll take HALF A MILLION STERLING and a Pension of 100,000 Sterling. !!!!
Then they get a new gig at some other company and do it all again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Verizon to begin throttling some users with Unlimited 4G LTE data plan




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
FTC sues AT&T over 'deceptive' throttling of unlimited data customers
FTC sues AT&T over 'deceptive' throttling of unlimited data customers Source A Guy
News
Power Plan - Specify a Default for All Users
How to Specify Default Power Plan for All Users in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 This will show you how to specify a custom or default (Balanced, Power Saver, High Performance) power plan for all users in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 so that the power plan and settings cannot be changed. ...
Tutorials
Windows 'Threshold': More on plan to win over Windows 7 users
Read more: Windows 'Threshold': More on Microsoft's plan to win over Windows 7 users | ZDNet
News
Customer discovers the limits of “unlimited” data:- 77TB a month
Continue reading - FiOS customer discovers the limits of “unlimited” data: 77TB a month | Ars Technica
Chillout Room
Verizon to refund up to $90M in bogus data charges
Wonder how much of a refund/credit the average person is going to see.....
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App