Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft considered renaming Internet Explorer to escape its...

15 Aug 2014   #11
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

I read about the website issue is the site thinks the browser is IE1 as it does not see 2 numbers. Lady F there is a compatibility mode to make websites work correctly. You can find it under Tools/Compatibility View.....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Aug 2014   #12
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
I read about the website issue is the site thinks the browser is IE1 as it does not see 2 numbers. Lady F there is a compatibility mode to make websites work correctly. You can find it under Tools/Compatibility View.....
Not all incompatible websites would be affected by a bug that causes the site to see only one digit in the IE number; otherwise, they wouldn't recognize IE 10.

I have compatibility mode enabled. Some webpage designers are too incompetent to program for the latest IE, just can't be bothered to do so, or are too elitist to "deign" to programming for it. Those are the ones, when you complain, will ask if you tried another browser.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #13
Arelem

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arelem View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
You can put lipstick on a pig but it will still be a pig.

Actually, IE 11 is quite good but some websites still won't play well with it so I had to go back to IE 10.
So you are assuming its the fault of the browser, and not bad website programming?
No, I clearly said that it was the websites.

Sorry, misread your post. Still suffering after effects of cataract surgery. I apologize.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Aug 2014   #14
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
I read about the website issue is the site thinks the browser is IE1 as it does not see 2 numbers. Lady F there is a compatibility mode to make websites work correctly. You can find it under Tools/Compatibility View.....
Not all incompatible websites would be affected by a bug that causes the site to see only one digit in the IE number; otherwise, they wouldn't recognize IE 10.

I have compatibility mode enabled. Some webpage designers are too incompetent to program for the latest IE, just can't be bothered to do so, or are too elitist to "deign" to programming for it. Those are the ones, when you complain, will ask if you tried another browser.
It's the designers that ignore 3w.org are the a-holes,
Usually if you validate the html through 3w.org the reasons are obvious
So many errors it chokes a horse,
Seems anyone can design a half assed website now days and not many really maintain them over time and keep up with constant security changes or advertisement they host,
Yahoo.com is a prime example
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #15
carwiz

Windows 7 Pro-x64
 
 

Nothing from Yay-hoo (Texas slang for a bungling idiot) gets to my PC. After I picked up a virus from one of their advertisers about 4-5 years ago on XP, I blocked everything relating to it.

New name? Perhaps MetroBrowser or BrowserOne. I happen to like IE11 and will use IE no matter what they call it. Couldn't be any worse than Firefux or Chrum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #16
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
Nothing from Yay-hoo (Texas slang for a bungling idiot) gets to my PC. After I picked up a virus from one of their advertisers about 4-5 years ago on XP, I blocked everything relating to it.

New name? Perhaps MetroBrowser or BrowserOne. I happen to like IE11 and will use IE no matter what they call it. Couldn't be any worse than Firefux or Chrum.
Yay-hoo is actually the original (and correct) pronunciation of the word.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #17
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Sigh, another thing I have to try to guess what the name will be? I already have to think of names for new subway stations in my area since they are letting residents vote on a name. Well, I guess the only thing I can think of now is Only Browser because I think soon Microsoft might force people to be only able to use IE.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #18
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Computer0304 View Post
...Well, I guess the only thing I can think of now is Only Browser because I think soon Microsoft might force people to be only able to use IE.
The EU has already ensured that won't happen over there so it's not likely to happen here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #19
Computer0304

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit/Windows 8 64-bit/Win7 Pro64-bit
 
 

Well, then I guess only in America?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2014   #20
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Computer0304 View Post
Well, then I guess only in America?
Again, unlikely.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft considered renaming Internet Explorer to escape its...




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Internet Explorer Quit
I use Firefox. My wife uses IE. IE will start up...get white screen with busy notice as usual and just disappears. IE will not start. Firefox is fine. Cannot figure this. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
General Discussion
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
How do I permanently stop getting this warnings in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9: Not Enough Storage is a available to process command and also "Invalid Agrument"?
Browsers & Mail
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
Can anyone tell me if MIE9 has reinstalled to progress bar yet? If not I'll continue to stick with 8. Yes I know chrome firefox etc are better, but I prefer IE.
Browsers & Mail
Is this Microsoft's new Internet Explorer 9 interface?
more at source..
News
Microsoft seeking feedback for Internet Explorer 9
neowin
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App