Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 PC Sales Ended on Friday 31 October 2014

01 Nov 2014   #31
HerrKaLeun

W7 Pro 64
 
 

I don't undetstand MS. If they wanted to sell W8 they could have stopped selling W7 a while ago. On the other hand they could sell W7 for ages to cash in. Software doesn't have manufacturing cost, so any W7 license sold is gravy. Sine W7 support ends in 4 or so years they then can sell another Windows again.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Nov 2014   #32
townsbg

Windows 7 pro 64-bit
 
 

Well it makes sense that if they recognized that 8 was a farce to continue selling 7 but they (like all software manufacturers) constantly want to change their software. Think about if they didn't we'd still be on 98, 95, or worse 3.1. We also might still be on XP. Therefore I really can't fault them for wanting to release 10 or even 8. How they stay in business is by re-evolving. Oh and you can't say that software has no cost. They have to pay their software engineers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #33
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Especially paying for release updates, research security vulnerabilities, keeping servers going etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2014   #34
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Lucky Windows 8 end-users have complain a lot about Microsoft first shot at those new hybrid OS. Changes have been made pretty quick to regain a bit of a desktop and users. Manufacturers are evolving to this direction too, there will be no place for Windows 7 in few years (unluckily too), because of some hardware limitation.

Like manies in this forums i've been using Windows 7 since its pre-build back in early 2009 and it will stay still for few years running on my actual machine. I do see no point installing on my actual, Windows 8.1 or Window 10. I'm following threads and interest myself at. It doesn't make any sense to me and I will far prefer rebuild a brand new computer within the next one or two years with the right hardware which i expect to be at reduced cost when mass production will permit it.

Its a matter of time and how you understand your own evolution around computing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #35
themorus

10 Pro and 8.1 Home
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Folks all I want to do is read the post without doing kid cell phone tricks.

I just don't care to be Googling all these little acronym to be able to read and understand a post. I think their are enough keys on a keyboard to spell the words. Yes we also have spell check to help.
Because this forum is read all over the world it also must be difficult for others to understand all those acronyms.
It's got to be hard enough for people who's first language isn't English to ponder through the post with out a bunch googly glob.
I agree totally.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #36
jimbo45

Linux CENTOS 7 / various Windows OS'es and servers
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by themorus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Folks all I want to do is read the post without doing kid cell phone tricks.

I just don't care to be Googling all these little acronym to be able to read and understand a post. I think their are enough keys on a keyboard to spell the words. Yes we also have spell check to help.
Because this forum is read all over the world it also must be difficult for others to understand all those acronyms.
It's got to be hard enough for people who's first language isn't English to ponder through the post with out a bunch googly glob.
I agree totally.

Hi there

I have to agree totally -- "Text-ese "should be abolished when people are posting to forums like these.

But PLEASE people it really gets confusing when posts contain "I could care less" when they actually mean "I COULDN'T CARE LESS" -- the two phrases look similar and people use them sometimes to mean the same but of course they don't --the second one really means that people don't give two monkeys about whatever they are referring to --the first expression doesn't actually mean anything !.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #37
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
...But PLEASE people it really gets confusing when posts contain "I could care less" when they actually mean "I COULDN'T CARE LESS" -- the two phrases look similar and people use them sometimes to mean the same but of course they don't --the second one really means that people don't give two monkeys about whatever they are referring to --the first expression doesn't actually mean anything !.

Cheers
jimbo
I totally agree. That is another one of my language pet peeves.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2014   #38
groze

W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi there



You can try out the latest build as a VM without losing any of your W7 stuff. A really new build(9865) is due imminently --this is the THIRD version (Second update) since the original build came out.

You can use W10 just like W7 if you are primarily a desktop user.


jimbo
When will 9865 be out? I have to disable grub to install it. I am using 9860. 9861 was the first build that I used.

Quote:
You can use W10 just like W7 if you are primarily a desktop user.
Not quite. Application background color issues. I can't seem to get a gray theme like I have in windows 7 but I got close to it. Shut down is in the wrong place.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #39
townsbg

Windows 7 pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Especially paying for release updates, research security vulnerabilities, keeping servers going etc.
Too true which is also why I don't blame them for discontinuing support for older systems that have outlived their life span.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2014   #40
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by townsbg View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Especially paying for release updates, research security vulnerabilities, keeping servers going etc.
Too true which is also why I don't blame them for discontinuing support for older systems that have outlived their life span.
I know, if anything I applaud them for how long they supported windows xp. Crazy how long they supported that OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 PC Sales Ended on Friday 31 October 2014




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Advance Notification for October 14th 2014 Security Bulletin Release
Source...
News
Volvo Ocean Race | October 2014 - July 2015
You can find daily broadcasts, my coverage won't start till late October: Volvo Ocean Race broadcast coverage announced - NBC Sports | NBC Sports Home page: Volvo Ocean Race 2014-2015 Broadcast Schedules: TV Schedule | Volvo Ocean Race 2014-2015
Chillout Room
No, Microsoft isn't killing Windows 7 on October 31st 2014
Read more...
News
What happens to Windows 7 on October 31, 2014?
What happens to Windows 7 on October 31, 2014? | ZDNet
News
Black Friday Holiday deals/sales
One to look out for at Newegg.
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App