Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SSD Prices In A Free Fall

01 Jul 2015   #71
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Years ago toy companies would put a bunch of toys in a room full of kids and then just watch.
They would find out what works and what does not.
They would then make changes to the toys or just drop them all together.
It's an old stand-up joke that the parent spends a fortune on the toy and the kids play all day with the box it came in. Of course the toy makers can't make a lot of bread from a box. The research findings may not always be welcome.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Jul 2015   #72
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Years ago toy companies would put a bunch of toys in a room full of kids and then just watch.
They would find out what works and what does not.
They would then make changes to the toys or just drop them all together.
It's an old stand-up joke that the parent spends a fortune on the toy and the kids play all day with the box it came in. Of course the toy makers can't make a lot of bread from a box. The research findings may not always be welcome.
What joke? I did it when I was a little kid and my kids did the same thing when they were little.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2015   #73
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Years ago toy companies would put a bunch of toys in a room full of kids and then just watch.
They would find out what works and what does not.
They would then make changes to the toys or just drop them all together.
It's an old stand-up joke that the parent spends a fortune on the toy and the kids play all day with the box it came in. Of course the toy makers can't make a lot of bread from a box. The research findings may not always be welcome.
What joke? I did it when I was a little kid and my kids did the same thing when they were little.
That is what gets the laugh. Everyone in the audience knows it's true.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jul 2015   #74
FredM8

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
 
 

I believe that Samsungs 250GB SSD Pro comes with a 10 year guarentee
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2015   #75
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post

It's an old stand-up joke that the parent spends a fortune on the toy and the kids play all day with the box it came in. Of course the toy makers can't make a lot of bread from a box. The research findings may not always be welcome.
What joke? I did it when I was a little kid and my kids did the same thing when they were little.
That is what gets the laugh. Everyone in the audience knows it's true.
Uh, Miles?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2015   #76
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FredM8 View Post
I believe that Samsungs 250GB SSD Pro comes with a 10 year guarentee
All 850 Pros are ten years.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2015   #77
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
All 850 Pros are ten years.
I didn't realize that - is it world wild? Good luck with Samsung.

If your SSD dies I wonder what techniques there are to ensure data cannot be accessed before returning the SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2015   #78
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Usually, if not always, when a SSD dies, the data is gone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2015   #79
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

What joke? I did it when I was a little kid and my kids did the same thing when they were little.
That is what gets the laugh. Everyone in the audience knows it's true.
Uh, Miles?

Say it isn't so.

Heh heh.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2015   #80
smiths22

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Usually, if not always, when a SSD dies, the data is gone.
Hope the Samsung Pro's are reliable. This will be my first time going full SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SSD Prices In A Free Fall




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Huge Jump In W8.1 Market Share, XP in Free Fall
There was a huge surge in W8.1's market share last month (~4.3%). It looks like MS has managed to outlast the XP holdouts. NetMarketShare Market share for mobile, browsers, operating systems and search engines | NetMarketShare
News
When will prices for HD go down?
Hello all, Any thoughts when will the prices for hard disks will be slashed back to their original? This hardware is essential and looking at the size of S/W and games now a days, it is required to have good amount of space on the PC. I heard somewhere that they will go down in the beginning...
Hardware & Devices
Is this a sign that HDD prices are about to fall?
I've noticed on Newegg that they've increased the limits on the amount of drives that you can buy. I've seen 3, 5, 10, 20 and 100 drive limits, today. Even the 20 packs are back. If they have so many drives in stock, then why are prices still so high? Price gouging, perhaps? Something...
Hardware & Devices
NAND Prices to Fall Late in 2010 Paving Way for Cheaper SSDs
Source...
News
Do you think the prices will go down?
Do you think the prices of Windows 7 will go down, because here in Portugal costs 135 for upgrade version?
General Discussion
Are you going to buy Win7 at these Prices
I was hoping that Microsoft would have reasonable prices on Windows 7. These Prices to me are most unreasonable. Pricing Windows 7 Starter $199,95 Windows 7 Home Premium $259,95 Windows 7 Professional $299,95 Windows 7 Ultimate $319,95 Windows 7 Enterprise Unknown Source:win7.in
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App