Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why won't Microsoft publish Windows 10 update release notes?

23 Sep 2015   #11
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Oh the original



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Sep 2015   #12
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Which is why I am staying on 7 and only letting 10 lose on virtual machines. Frankly I have a bunch of stuff that runs on Windows so may have have a virtual machine around or a box that is air walled from the network. Also Mint is great and there is Codeweavers Software Crossover https://www.codeweavers.com/products/ which may answer a large numbers of issues with must run software.
Microsoft have jumped the shark and if they do not change their ways soon they will sink and become irrelevant.
I keep getting an error 403 Access Denied message when trying to go to that link. I suspect it may be because I blocked their cookie. If so, I have no faith in their software if they can't design a website that will put up a proper error message for blocked cookies nor can I trust a site that requires its cookie to be accepted just to lurk on the site.
It is a secure site so try this:

CrossOver 14 | Run Windows apps on Mac and Linux | CodeWeavers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Sep 2015   #13
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Which is why I am staying on 7 and only letting 10 lose on virtual machines. Frankly I have a bunch of stuff that runs on Windows so may have have a virtual machine around or a box that is air walled from the network. Also Mint is great and there is Codeweavers Software Crossover https://www.codeweavers.com/products/ which may answer a large numbers of issues with must run software.
Microsoft have jumped the shark and if they do not change their ways soon they will sink and become irrelevant.
I keep getting an error 403 Access Denied message when trying to go to that link. I suspect it may be because I blocked their cookie. If so, I have no faith in their software if they can't design a website that will put up a proper error message for blocked cookies nor can I trust a site that requires its cookie to be accepted just to lurk on the site.
It is a secure site so try this:

CrossOver 14 | Run Windows apps on Mac and Linux | CodeWeavers
I get the same thing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Oct 2015   #14
bawldiggle

XP/7x32 & x64/8x64/8.1x64
 
 

CrossOver Linux (by Codeweavers) looks like a variation of "Wine" ... for a fee

Their site dumped 3 cookies on my PC
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2015   #15
groze

W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
 
 

It kind of looks like Play on Linux, which uses a customized version of wine. Play on Linux is fair. Still can't get Microsoft works 7 to work on Linux even with wine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2015   #16
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bawldiggle View Post
CrossOver Linux (by Codeweavers) looks like a variation of "Wine" ... for a fee

Their site dumped 3 cookies on my PC
That may explain why I couldn't get onto their site: I block all cookies unless they are needed to do business with a site or to log into a site for posting privileges. If a site thinks it needs to plant a cookie on my computer or even log in just to browse it, it can just get stuffed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2015   #17
Indianatone

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and numerous virtual machines
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by groze View Post
It kind of looks like Play on Linux, which uses a customized version of wine. Play on Linux is fair. Still can't get Microsoft works 7 to work on Linux even with wine.
Correct you are paying for the support and the "fixes to get stuff to install and work under Linux". Nothing wrong with that. As for cookies who cares. They tell you they use them. I am able to visit those sites and I just delete cookies afterwards. If you don't allow cookies you don't get on the site. You can't help some people. It is your PC so you do as you please of course. I have tested Mint Mate 17.2 on my Toshiba Laptop and on the whole it is a viable replacement for Windows 7 once 7 is End of Life. Sticking with 7 till the EOL and playing with Linux. Instead of learning the crap that is Windows 10 I am going over to Linux. There is even a media center Distro OS for a Media PC. Microsoft has "jumped the shark". The nut job in charge is in the land of rainbows and unicorns.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2015   #18
groze

W7 32 bit, Linux Mint Xfce 18 64 bit
 
 

Oops IndianaTone, I think you quoted the wrong person. Play on Linux is free but you can donate, CrossOver Linux is trial software that only works for limited time without payment. Crossover can charge for the software that doesn't violate the gpl. The rest of GPL licenses is confusing to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2015   #19
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Indianatone View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by groze View Post
It kind of looks like Play on Linux, which uses a customized version of wine. Play on Linux is fair. Still can't get Microsoft works 7 to work on Linux even with wine.
...Microsoft has "jumped the shark". The nut job in charge is in the land of rainbows and unicorns.
There is a reason I refer to the last and current CEOs as Ballsmore and Nutella. The difference between them is Ballsmore was a nutcase wherease Nutella is also intelligent. He reminds me of Hitler; mad and brilliant.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2015   #20
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I have been looking at sales figures of W-10. The accounting systems of the world must of changed.
They are counting the free (give away) W-10 in the total for sales.
I could spend large amounts of money advertise free used cat litter and create a line at my door.

When all the stories, likes, dislikes ect. come out the final analysis will be like any other product.
How many units were SOLD and what is the PROFIT in total and per unit.

I might be Googling in all the wrong places looking for actual sales of W-10 that bring income to Microsoft.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why won't Microsoft publish Windows 10 update release notes?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Where can I find Netgear router update release notes?
I have a NetGear router and I noticed that it updated the other day. I would like to know what was changed or added but I am having a heck of a time finding any release notes. Does anybody know where I can find them? :geek:
Hardware & Devices
Microsoft notes Windows Update "inconsistencies," provides fix
Note that these tools are 98MB for 32bit and 300MB for 64bit Read More: Microsoft notes Windows Update "inconsistencies," provides fix | ZDNet see also: Windows Update Troubleshoot Shortcut - Create and: Troubleshooting
Windows Updates & Activation
Microsoft Windows 7 Release Day Fail
ge8-q04Bzz0 It was release day for Microsoft's Windows 7 with exciting new features such as a better touch screen interface, so this Japanese show did a demo :roflmao:
Chillout Room
Release Notes: Important Issues in This Beta Release of Windows 7
These release notes address critical late-breaking issues and information about this beta release of the Windows® 7 operating system. For less serious issues, refer to Things to Know About This Beta Release of Windows 7 (Download details: Release Documents for this Beta Release of Windows 7)....
Installation & Setup
Microsoft: Windows 7 release in August '09
Microsoft: Windows 7 release in August '09 Read more http://www.sevenforums.com/news/9726-microsoft-windows-7-release-august-09-a.html
News
Microsoft to release version of Windows 7 next week
Reuters
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App