Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft republishes KB3035583 (Get Win X App)

18 Oct 2015   #151
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
I'd love that to be real!
It isn't? Looks real to me.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Oct 2015   #152
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
I'd love that to be real!
It isn't? Looks real to me.
Haha true. Wouldn't it be great if this popped up on millions of PC's?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Oct 2015   #153
Iforgot

Win7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Something posted on TenForums:
Attachment 373918


screen saver or new background?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Oct 2015   #154
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Iforgot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Something posted on TenForums:
Attachment 373918


screen saver or new background?
Hmmmm...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2015   #155
sverne

win7 64bit
 
 

The only thing that will stop MSFU will be the European Union in a year or two, when they corner and DEMAND
they cease resulting in a huge fine. This has been the case with MS before, and Google is being investigated currently for their privacy violations. The Europeans take their privacy seriously. BTW, has anyone looked into google's privacy policy when the "we collect information" box pops up on your browser? Instead of robotically checking "I agree", check "other options" and you'll be floored by what they collect.
Is there no end in sight for this snooping on our personal affairs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2015   #156
Brds7t7

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sverne View Post
The only thing that will stop MSFU will be the European Union in a year or two, when they corner and DEMAND
they cease resulting in a huge fine. This has been the case with MS before, and Google is being investigated currently for their privacy violations. The Europeans take their privacy seriously. BTW, has anyone looked into google's privacy policy when the "we collect information" box pops up on your browser? Instead of robotically checking "I agree", check "other options" and you'll be floored by what they collect.
Is there no end in sight for this snooping on our personal affairs?
Unfortunately not these days. If you're on the Internet, you're being snooped on in some form or another.
Only way to stay private these days is to just not use the Internet.
Easier said than done!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2015   #157
jadinolf

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sverne View Post
The only thing that will stop MSFU will be the European Union in a year or two, when they corner and DEMAND
they cease resulting in a huge fine. This has been the case with MS before, and Google is being investigated currently for their privacy violations. The Europeans take their privacy seriously. BTW, has anyone looked into google's privacy policy when the "we collect information" box pops up on your browser? Instead of robotically checking "I agree", check "other options" and you'll be floored by what they collect.
Is there no end in sight for this snooping on our personal affairs?
Unfortunately not these days. If you're on the Internet, you're being snooped on in some form or another.
Only way to stay private these days is to just not use the Internet.
Easier said than done!
Speaking of snooping, a couple of weeks ago. Superantispyware came up with 40 plus Microsoft tracking cookies on each of my computers. This was all on one scan and I hardly ever go to Microsoft sites.

This was the same time MS was loading that Win10 install folder at the top of my SSD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Oct 2015   #158
jonnyhillow

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jadinolf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sverne View Post
The only thing that will stop MSFU will be the European Union in a year or two, when they corner and DEMAND
they cease resulting in a huge fine. This has been the case with MS before, and Google is being investigated currently for their privacy violations. The Europeans take their privacy seriously. BTW, has anyone looked into google's privacy policy when the "we collect information" box pops up on your browser? Instead of robotically checking "I agree", check "other options" and you'll be floored by what they collect.
Is there no end in sight for this snooping on our personal affairs?
Unfortunately not these days. If you're on the Internet, you're being snooped on in some form or another.
Only way to stay private these days is to just not use the Internet.
Easier said than done!
Speaking of snooping, a couple of weeks ago. Superantispyware came up with 40 plus Microsoft tracking cookies on each of my computers. This was all on one scan and I hardly ever go to Microsoft sites.

This was the same time MS was loading that Win10 install folder at the top of my SSD.

Wow, the thing thats really aggravating is even if you turn off a lot of the tracking stuff with Win 10 it's really not fully disabled , MS is incredibly untrustworthy .

I fully support the Nuke option , there's just no other way .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2015   #159
Painter

W7Pro/64
 
 

Throughout this GWX Campaign, we have heard nothing about all those millions of users who have pirated copies of W7 (China, South America and Russia being where the greater numbers exist) , other than a statement made by Microsoft that they would not be getting the free upgrade ( MS did initially say yes, then they later said no). I have never seen a pirated copy of W7 so I do not know if they also get windows updates. If they do get updates, then they are the only ones who are absolutely delighted with the forced upgrade. The only blog I have read on this was in April 2015, where the blogger said due to the sophistication of 'some' of the pirated copies, they would be able to upgrade to W10 but MS would know it was not a legit license. Knowing is everything. Well it puts the MS Store in front of the eyes of people who steal stuff - that's gotta be good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2015   #160
Painter

W7Pro/64
 
 

This link is even older than April 2015, but it states that W7 pirates with the GWX icon are getting W10 for free.

Pirates are successfully upgrading to Windows 10 for free | VentureBeat | Business | by Emil Protalinski

To be clear, these users are claiming all they did was run the “Get Windows 10” app. They are not running cracks after the upgrade (although some are perfectly happy to take that route instead). This would imply that whatever crack these pirates used to trick Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 into becoming activated worked well enough that Microsoft’s own checks didn’t catch it, and gave the green light to get Windows 10 for free.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft republishes KB3035583 (Get Win X App)




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New optional update KB3035583 available
A new optional update KB3035583 is available, published today. Update enables additional capabilities for Windows Update notifications in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1
Windows Updates & Activation
Update to kb3035583 and still windows 10 app hasn't pop up
I should start from the beginning my computer was acting crazy so i reformat my computer back to facty settings yesterday, a month before this virus or whatever it was cause me having to redo my whole computer as new i had the get windows 10 app so i click it and said yes to getting a copy for it...
Windows Updates & Activation
A way to download KB3035583?
Back when that round of updates came out to implement the Windows 10 update scheme, I dutifully removed them and hid them. Now I'm curious to see how it all works, so I went to unhide and update again. All of the updates that I'd hidden were there, except 3035583 - it seems to have vanished! I...
Windows Updates & Activation
Get Windows 10 App KB3035583
Why did this update ask me to install it for a 3rd time on both my computers. I already successfully installed it twice before according to my update history?
Windows Updates & Activation
KB3035583 Query
Hi, After checking Window Update today I've noticed 5 optional updates and 1 important (KB3035583) are available. I have the 'Get Windows 10' icon but don't want to update just yet. I've heard the above update has something to do with automatically upgrading to 10. Should I still install these...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows update KB3035583 fails to install
As the title says this particular update fails to install. It tried to automatically one day and still does every time I shut down my laptop. Error code is: 80070005 CBS zip is included as attachment. Have thuroughly checked my computer for viruses and malware and its totally clean, also...
Windows Updates & Activation


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App