Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Your PC Will Automatically Download Windows 10 This Week

10 Feb 2016   #31
scr

1. Windows 7 Home Premium sp1 - 64bit 2. Windows 7 Pro sp1 - 64bit
 
 

I have a 5 GB cap and $0.45US per MB if I go over that. The only thing that auto updates on my system is my AV unless I initiate the update. I don't even allow programs to check for updates. MS Updates have always been turned off and will stay that way. I will check when data use permits and decide if an update of any type is necessary or something I want.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Feb 2016   #32
Swizz

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You guys^ Lol

Thank you for the heads up and the article. I received my Updates this afternoon, but not a Windows 10 upgrade in sight. I shall be waiting for a few days as per usual and then install the following 16 that are available to me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2016   #33
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
You guys^ Lol

Thank you for the heads up and the article. I received my Updates this afternoon, but not a Windows 10 upgrade in sight. I shall be waiting for a few days as per usual and then install the following 16 that are available to me.
I got 18. None of the were on my Specialized High Intensity Training List and, when I looked each one up, none looked suspicious. Like you, I will wait a while to see if anyone reports anything undesirable and, if not, then download and install them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Feb 2016   #34
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

As far as I can tell, all 18 (17 plus 1 optional) are security updates. They can of course be nasty too. But what do you want to do against that - if they are fooling us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2016   #35
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

I get the feeling that some on the forum think you should research all updates before installing (then good luck with that). This is what I will continue to do:
1) Make an image
2) Install the important security updates plus other important updates that look relevant
3) Run sfc /scannow
4) if 3) fails then reimage

A year or so ago I don't recall the onslaught of security updates. Maybe security issues have simply increased???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2016   #36
lehnerus2000

W7 Ultimate SP1, LM18 MATE, W10IP VM, W10 Home, #All 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
A year or so ago I don't recall the onslaught of security updates. Maybe security issues have simply increased???
To back up the marketing knob's statement (from a couple of weeks ago) MS is probably using smaller Update bundles, so that it looks like W7 is becoming more insecure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2016   #37
CarlSD

Win 7 Professional 64 (Main PC)/Win 7 Home Premium 32 (Laptop)
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2016   #38
GEWB

Linux (Mint is primary) / XP, Win7 Home / Win7 Pro, Ultimate / Win8.1 / Win10 archived VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
A year or so ago I don't recall the onslaught of security updates. Maybe security issues have simply increased???
To back up the marketing knob's statement (from a couple of weeks ago) MS is probably using smaller Update bundles, so that it looks like W7 is becoming more insecure.
In short order Microsoft will claim that Win7 is such a security risk that MS MUST push a "security update" that will update the OS to Win10.

Regards,
GEWB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2016   #39
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlSD View Post
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2016   #40
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GEWB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
A year or so ago I don't recall the onslaught of security updates. Maybe security issues have simply increased???
To back up the marketing knob's statement (from a couple of weeks ago) MS is probably using smaller Update bundles, so that it looks like W7 is becoming more insecure.
In short order Microsoft will claim that Win7 is such a security risk that MS MUST push a "security update" that will update the OS to Win10.

Regards,
GEWB
That will generate a series of lawsuits that will hold up in court since Microsoft promised to provide extended support until 01/14/2020.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Your PC Will Automatically Download Windows 10 This Week




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Unable to download updates automatically/manually, download hangs
I'm trying to download updates through Windows Update, it shows that I have 139 important updates, and 40 optional ones. I selected them and clicked the install button but it got stuck at "Downloading updates (0 kb total, 0% complete)". I cancelled and retried choosing only 24 important updates and...
Windows Updates & Activation
How do i make windows rename the files i download automatically?
Hello all, I need some help with figuring out how to make windows 7 rename the files i download in a series. I can't tell much about the work am going to use this auto rename for much because it's confidential. But i'll give you all who are willing to help and idea on what i do and how i...
General Discussion
Task Schedule to print a gif file twice a week automatically
I'm trying to print a gif file to keep my inkjet printer clear. I have over four gallons of ink with CISS so there's no need to buy new ink catridges, just trying to keep them from drying up. Also wake the pc if asleep. I really don't know much about this
General Discussion
How To Automatically Download File From Website?
Heya, I've just made the jump back from Mac to PC . I used to use Mac's automater to download an e- version of my free to distribute daily newspaper, start my mail program, attach the file to an email and send it to my Kindle. It was all quite easy to set up. I'm looking for a way of doing...
General Discussion
Firefox: 'Automatically Download'
I was downloading Custom Content for the Sims, and since they're all .RAR files, I set the notification that comes up, to open in WinRAR and then clicked the automatically do this from now on box 'cos I was downloading quite a few. Is there a way to undo this since now all my .RAR files are being...
Browsers & Mail
12.5 million people download Opera 10.10 in first week
Source - 12.5 million people download Opera 10.10 in first week - TechSpot News
Browsers & Mail


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App