Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Woman sues Microsoft over her forced Windows 10 upgrade and wins

28 Jun 2016   #11
Borg 386

Win 7 32 Home Premium, Win 7 64 Pro, Win 8.1, Win 10
 
 

That was the headline yesterday. Look what headline just popped up today. Coincidence?

Microsoft to make saying no to Windows 10 update easier | ZDNet


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jun 2016   #12
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Yea I imagine spybot would have a field day
One of the perks on the malicious software removal tool in win-10 items here today might be gone tomorrow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #13
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Yea has anyone actually seen the compatibility report the popups state exist
Survey says the popup message is the compatibility report is the actual link it shows always states
The report is not available at this time don't worry we'll check again before the upgrade
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2016   #14
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Borg 386 View Post
That was the headline yesterday. Look what headline just popped up today. Coincidence?

Microsoft to make saying no to Windows 10 update easier | ZDNet
It is curious that MS comes out with this so soon after that settlement. Even more curious is it took almost a year to respond to customer feedback and did so a only month before the free offer expires anyway. Big whoop !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #15
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FerchogtX View Post
I laught at the comments... now she's a moron because she legitimately sued a company that caused loss and damage to her bussiness, instead of being a total geek and worked her windows reinstall.

Why is there some "tech savy" dudes that think that everyone else is forced to know how to reset or reinstall a system?
You just hit the head on the nail! Too many geeks (geek is not an insult, btw) forget that most people are not as knowledgeable as they are and will assume that everyone will know what they consider to be basic knowledge when the opposite is what is true.

Another mistaken assumption is that all software that worked in Win 7 or 8.x will work in Win 10, including business specific software.
That is the main reason people starts and quits over Linux... most of them act all the same like: "You should know how to terminal, you noob!" or "That is basic, stop being a noob and read"... that is far for being friendly. Worse if you asume everyone else knows how to format and reinstall Windows, so-excuse installer is "Idiot proof"...

Well... soooooooorry, in the name of those "idiots" for not being a genius and being born with a brain instead of a HDD. I thought that the main goal for Windows and even tech savy windows IT people, was to make it friendly enough for people, so people learns and gets greater knowledge about the system, maintenance and tools, hence the popularity of the OS. If we start playing the "This thing is basic and you should know it, you noob" game... Well, this could be the reason why M$ thinks they should dumb down things and annoy users that are used to Windows simplicity, but yet, powerful tools...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Borg 386 View Post
That was the headline yesterday. Look what headline just popped up today. Coincidence?

Microsoft to make saying no to Windows 10 update easier | ZDNet
It is curious that MS comes out with this so soon after that settlement. Even more curious is it took almost a year to respond to customer feedback and did so a only month before the free offer expires anyway. Big whoop !
Hehe...

www.sevenforums.com/news/397868-woman-sues-microsoft-over-her-forced-windows-10-upgrade-wins.html

I know I'm redundant, don't slap me :3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #16
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

What I try to keep in mind.

1. Most Windows 7 and 8 users are not techies.
2. Most Windows 7 and 8 users have never seen this forum or ones like it.
3. Most Windows 7 and 8 users had a long standing trust in Microsoft and just let Windows 7 and 8 install everything automatically.
4. Most Windows 7 and 8 users have no idea of the hell and hard work the members on this forum go through just to stop these horrible updates and upgrades from getting on their computers. By the way; they don't want to know. They just want to be able to trust Microsoft to do the right thing. (Surprise-Surjprise)
5. Most users of Windows 7 and 8 don't know what a keylogger is.
They also don't know that W-10 comes with one installed.
----------------------------
I think you all get my drift.
We are on one of the best tech forum on the net.
We read many post on many computer subjects and most users don't even no these subject exist. They don't want to know. They just want the operating system they paid for to work properly and securely as it did in the past.
So I personally can understand why most people don't understand what Microsoft and W-10 is doing to their computer systems and why.
Microsoft used the greed button (Free) and many non tech people jumped in the water not knowing how deep it was. I'm sorry to say they trusted Microsoft just like many of us use to.

Layback Bear
Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #17
michael diemer

Windows 7 x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brds7t7 View Post
I see her as quite the opposite of stupid. She just won $10,000 from MS. Pretty clever if you ask me!
Exactly. And she probably just feigned stupidity as part of her strategy. Brilliant!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #18
mjf

Windows 7x64 Home Premium SP1
 
 

I'm guessing MS could have tied this up in appeal after appeal until the other party ran out of money. This is the sort thing the press love to publish and it was probably a smart decision by MS to make it go away quickly to avoid the cost of bad PR.
I'm also guessing that many smart people don't know or care about the niceties of the OS but do care when their applications fail to run smoothly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #19
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Some people only use a PC because they have to, too make a living. I know people who when asked what OS they are running they just say "Windows" They have no idea what version it is. Those people don't know Windows 10 from any other Microsoft OS. That doesn't make them stupid, just different from the usual people who post here. Her other (home) PC might be a MAC (iPad etc). Windows 10 is front and center for a lot of us, but the rest of the world dances to a different drum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2016   #20
FerchogtX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Build 7600 / Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
What I try to keep in mind.

1. Most Windows 7 and 8 users are not techies.
2. Most Windows 7 and 8 users have never seen this forum or ones like it.
3. Most Windows 7 and 8 users had a long standing trust in Microsoft and just let Windows 7 and 8 install everything automatically.
4. Most Windows 7 and 8 users have no idea of the hell and hard work the members on this forum go through just to stop these horrible updates and upgrades from getting on their computers. By the way; they don't want to know. They just want to be able to trust Microsoft to do the right thing. (Surprise-Surjprise)
5. Most users of Windows 7 and 8 don't know what a keylogger is.
They also don't know that W-10 comes with one installed.
----------------------------
I think you all get my drift.
We are on one of the best tech forum on the net.
We read many post on many computer subjects and most users don't even no these subject exist. They don't want to know. They just want the operating system they paid for to work properly and securely as it did in the past.
So I personally can understand why most people don't understand what Microsoft and W-10 is doing to their computer systems and why.
Microsoft used the greed button (Free) and many non tech people jumped in the water not knowing how deep it was. I'm sorry to say they trusted Microsoft just like many of us use to.

Layback Bear
Jack
Hopefully, this forum is just as friendly. I mean, if you ever run into a problem, you always know there is tech savy people here, BUT, also, they are nice and comprehensive, something the people that comments on that article severily lack of.

Just in case, those were the ones I was reffering to .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Woman sues Microsoft over her forced Windows 10 upgrade and wins




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Motorola sues Microsoft
Motorola sues Microsoft, alleges patent infringement.. Source And in a related article from yesterday Source
News
Woman Sues Google over Bad Directions
All I can say is... 1) I knew this would happen eventually. 2) I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner. Woman Sues Google over Bad Directions Update: It Was Dark - PCWorld "Crazy world ain't it?"
Chillout Room
Woman Sues Google Over Utah Walking Directions
Woman Sues Google Over Utah Walking Directions : NPR read the full article, it is a hoot, im just going to pick out some of my favourite bits
Chillout Room
Microsoft wins Windows XP downgrade lawsuit.
Source - Microsoft wins Windows XP downgrade lawsuit
News
Woman sues Microsoft over XP downgrade charge
thought it would be funny... via Woman sues Microsoft over XP downgrade charge | IDGNS | News | February 13, 2009 | By Elizabeth Montalbano
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App