Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 60 Million Windows 7 Licenses Sold Taking Q2 Revenue


29 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
 
 
60 Million Windows 7 Licenses Sold Taking Q2 Revenue

Windows 7 is the fastest selling operating system in history and Microsoft now has the figures to back up a statement from Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas in the first half of January. Of course, despite having the actual data for the number of sold licenses, Ballmer did not offer a number at CES 2010. At that time, I predicted that Microsoft had already sold 60 million copies of Windows 7. I didnít think that I was really going out on a limb with the estimate, and it turns out that I was right on the money. Microsoft confirmed on January 28th that it sold in excess of 60 million Windows 7 licenses by the end of 2009.

Full read here:60 Million Windows 7 Licenses Sold Taking Q2 Revenue to $19.02 Billion - Windows 7 is the fastest selling OS in history - Softpedia

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jan 2010   #2

Win 7
 
 

Yep, I beleive it, great program that uses minimum resources (and your can remove more from start up once installed)

Mine runs sweet with 512 megabytes of ram
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jan 2010   #3

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

if 60,000,000 have been sold imagine how many copies have also been pirated that would double that figure and truly make it the best operating system ever!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Jan 2010   #4

Win 7
 
 

Yep, I was gonna say multiplied by 10
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7
 
 

Might be a stupid question, but the article on softpedia keeps mentioning Q2 in 2010, how can they say how much they've earned in Q2 2010 already?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #6

windows
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
if 60,000,000 have been sold imagine how many copies have also been pirated that would double that figure and truly make it the best operating system ever!
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
Yep, I was gonna say multiplied by 10
try more like 1 in 10 copies are illegal.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MarcH View Post
Might be a stupid question, but the article on softpedia keeps mentioning Q2 in 2010, how can they say how much they've earned in Q2 2010 already?
Welcome to SevenForums MarcH.
The article was reference to the fiscal year. Which starts in the middle of the year, so July Aug Sept is 1st quarter then Oct Nov DEC is 2nd quarter.
Fiscal year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hope this helps you understand and I also hope that you enjoy your stay here on SF
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #8

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Welcome to SevenForums MarcH.
The article was reference to the fiscal year. Which starts in the middle of the year, so July Aug Sept is 1st quarter then Oct Nov DEC is 2nd quarter.
Fiscal year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hope this helps you understand and I also hope that you enjoy your stay here on SF
Thanks for the welcome and yeah thanks it helped, though I still doesn't understand how the writer can write Q2 of 2010 then? Which would be Oct, Nov and Dec 2010?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #9

Windows 7 Pro X64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MarcH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Welcome to SevenForums MarcH.
The article was reference to the fiscal year. Which starts in the middle of the year, so July Aug Sept is 1st quarter then Oct Nov DEC is 2nd quarter.
Fiscal year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hope this helps you understand and I also hope that you enjoy your stay here on SF
Thanks for the welcome and yeah thanks it helped, though I still doesn't understand how the writer can write Q2 of 2010 then? Which would be Oct, Nov and Dec 2010?
I believe it starts the year Before or 2009 just like new cars....which is why this year people will be buying 2011 models
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #10

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 
Microsoft: Thanks to Windows 7, our mojo is back

Microsoft: Thanks to Windows 7, our mojo is back

Apple may have grabbed the headlines over the last few days with its iPad announcement, but the real news in the tech world is that thanks to Windows 7 sales, Microsoft had a blowout quarter, increasing revenue by 14% compared to a year ago. The company is clearly hoping that the dark days of Vista are behind it.

Read More here: Computerworld Blogs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 60 Million Windows 7 Licenses Sold Taking Q2 Revenue




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33