Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Microsoft’s new free anti-malware solution gets closer

01 May 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
Microsoft’s new free anti-malware solution gets closer

Quote:
Last year Microsoft announced that it would end support for Windows Live OneCare, and turn instead to develop a new, free security product, code named Morro. We’ve heard that Morro has already been in limited alpha testing, that it’s based on the same security engine as Microsoft’s Forefront technology, and that most of the work for the new product is being handled by Microsoft in India.
more: LiveSide


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 May 2009   #2

Windows 7 RC (x64)
 
 

Cool, good thing it will be free, I hate paying for things. lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #3

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Will be interesting to see how this compares with One Care. Ill certainly try it out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 May 2009   #4

seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
more: LiveSide
what do you mean in india?
i thought microsoft is all indians
do they have something in the us?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

i know i'm looking forward to it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by turbomcp View Post
what do you mean in india?
i thought microsoft is all indians
do they have something in the us?
dunno if your joking or not MS is a US company
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #7
weh

Win.7.Ult.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
dunno if your joking or not MS is a US company
I think he was joking -- but just barely. MS had nearly 90,000 employees as of 3rd quarter last year. Of those, nearly 55,000 were in the USA. However, MS's total employment continues to rise while its USA employment figures are dropping.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #8

W7 X-64 RTM,SUSE 11.1, XP PRO SP3 as a VM, VMware ESXi
 
 

Hi all
I just hope if it IS developed in India that it works better than having to use some of those horrible telephone call centers.

No disrepect to the Indian sub-continent - many very clever people and good businessmen but with some of the recent security scandals in particular -- BBC reporters getting VISA account codes, other Bank info, online Bank passwords etc for a paltry few dollars doesn't expire much confidence to users who are thinking of using a security package developed from there.

When you have high tech solutions developed in a country having a HUGE HUGE difference between rich and poor you'll get all sorts of problems that need to be solved and these aren't technical ones either.

(This isn't meant to be Political -- it's just a matter of fact - you can get security stuff in Western countries too -- but its of several orders of magnitude more difficult to do, costs a huge amount more to obtain and you'll be caught by the authorities very much more quickly).


For example

BBC NEWS | UK | Overseas credit card scam exposed

Sounds a bit like "foxes guarding the chicken coop".

I think we look TOO MUCH at the "base development cost" without looking at the other implications these days.

Cheers
jimbo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #9

seven
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
Hi all
I just hope if it IS developed in India that it works better than having to use some of those horrible telephone call centers.

No disrepect to the Indian sub-continent - many very clever people and good businessmen but with some of the recent security scandals in particular -- BBC reporters getting VISA account codes, other Bank info, online Bank passwords etc for a paltry few dollars doesn't expire much confidence to users who are thinking of using a security package developed from there.

When you have high tech solutions developed in a country having a HUGE HUGE difference between rich and poor you'll get all sorts of problems that need to be solved and these aren't technical ones either.

(This isn't meant to be Political -- it's just a matter of fact - you can get security stuff in Western countries too -- but its of several orders of magnitude more difficult to do, costs a huge amount more to obtain and you'll be caught by the authorities very much more quickly).


For example

BBC NEWS | UK | Overseas credit card scam exposed

Sounds a bit like "foxes guarding the chicken coop".

I think we look TOO MUCH at the "base development cost" without looking at the other implications these days.

Cheers
jimbo
yes, it was ajoke
55,000 in the us out of those 54,000 indians that get minimum salary and answer the support hotline for xbox
hello my name is bob(raji baba) how mai i chelp you
well just joking around
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Microsoft’s new free anti-malware solution gets closer





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33