Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 to Get 64-bit (x64) Firefox


31 May 2010   #21

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

For some reason, I'm getting a very odd feeling that Adobe will make us pay them to use x64 Flash. If this happens, I will boycott ANY AND ALL Adobe products (I'm actually very tempted to do so now to send them a message to get off their butts and make x64 Flash).


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 May 2010   #22

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Can't you get 64-bit flash in Linux?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #23

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Klaw117 View Post
For some reason, I'm getting a very odd feeling that Adobe will make us pay them to use x64 Flash. If this happens, I will boycott ANY AND ALL Adobe products (I'm actually very tempted to do so now to send them a message to get off their butts and make x64 Flash).
Even Adobe isn't stupid enough to charge for a 64-bit version of Flash for Windows.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post
Can't you get 64-bit flash in Linux?
Yes, you can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 May 2010   #24

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Agree with Airbot. I've got a x64 FF installed but I rarely use it cos there's no flash. I've seen a link somewhere to contact Adobe and request a x64 flash player but I can't find it now.
Apparently Adobe are saying "no demand"!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #25

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

As (i believe) Steve Jobs said about silverlight "We won't release a X64 silverlight because nobody uses X64 browsers" when in fact, we use X86 browsers precisely BECAUSE there is no X64 flash/silverlight
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #26

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
As (i believe) Steve Jobs said about silverlight "We won't release a X64 silverlight because nobody uses X64 browsers" when in fact, we use X86 browsers precisely BECAUSE there is no X64 flash/silverlight
I think you mean Steve Ballmer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #27

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
As (i believe) Steve Jobs said about silverlight "We won't release a X64 silverlight because nobody uses X64 browsers" when in fact, we use X86 browsers precisely BECAUSE there is no X64 flash/silverlight
I think you mean Steve Ballmer.
Apologies to Martin, but that is kinda funny.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #28

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 8 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

When Adobe charges $300 for an entry level version of Adobe Acrobat, you would think there would be just a tiny little bit of profit left over from that ridiculously outrageous sticker price to put into some development on a 64 bit Flash.

Oh heck, where's my head at? They've got problems in their x86 Flash product they won't fix.

Sorry, sorry, lost my mind for a minute there. I'm living in a dream world again. Back to reality... Move along...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #29

Main - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit; 2nd - Windows Server 2008 R2
 
 

I wonder how much of the 64-Bit Flash thing is due to competition between Microsoft and Adobe. Maybe it's just Adobe's way of showing Microsoft that they hold enough power to affect the products Microsoft sells. Put another way, as many have pointed out, the lack of a 64-Bit Flash version for Windows seriously affects our choice in browsers.

Another answer might truly be the lack of deep support for 64-Bit computing in general. We are more tech savvy here and tend to be early adopters. I know that as soon as 64-Bit CPUs were available I wanted one and as soon as I had one I wanted a 64-Bit OS to run on it. Maybe the rest of the world just really doesn't care all that much...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 May 2010   #30

Windows 7
 
 

theres absolutely no performance improvement in just using a x64 browser, its not even x64 optimised, so the point of wasting time with bothering to migrate to an x64 browser is Zilch and below any point of reasonable necessity.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 to Get 64-bit (x64) Firefox




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33