Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SP1 Will Fix Windows 7 RTM Boot Freezes at 'Please Wait' Screen

23 Jun 2010   #1
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 
SP1 Will Fix Windows 7 RTM Boot Freezes at 'Please Wait' Screen

Quote:

Customers running the latest iteration of the Windows client and server platforms have reported issues in which the boot process freezes completely, keeping them from starting up the computer. According to the Redmond company, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users can get stuck at the “Please wait” screen, while the machine fails to go over that step in the startup process. The software giant did not specify exactly how severe this issue was or how many customers were affected, but it did indicate that Windows Error Reporting together with AppLocker were at fault.

According to a knowledge base article designed to provide information on the problem, customers need to restart the affected machines, as, once frozen, they will no longer boot. “You try to start a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. However, the operating system stops responding at the ‘Please wait’ screen that appears before you are requested to press Ctrl+ALT+DEL. Therefore, you cannot log on to the computer,” Microsoft informed.

Source -
SP1 Will Fix Windows 7 RTM Boot Freezes at 'Please Wait' Screen - Which currently require a restart - Softpedia


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jun 2010   #2
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

From the article there is also a Hotfix available if you are have this particular problem, but is NOT recommended unless the problem is serious, since they are still testing the fix before it is released with SP1.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #3
BCXtreme

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

I predict that despite MS's best efforts, we will have an October-22nd-type influx of support requests when SP1 is released.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Jun 2010   #4
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

I haven't heard of this issue with 7/Server 2008 R2.

Vista on the other hand...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jun 2010   #5
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

I wonder if this will also cure the "Black Screen of Death" that is NOT happening on many PCs

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #6
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote:

Customers running the latest iteration of the Windows client and server platforms have reported issues in which the boot process freezes completely, keeping them from starting up the computer. According to the Redmond company, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 users can get stuck at the “Please wait” screen, while the machine fails to go over that step in the startup process. The software giant did not specify exactly how severe this issue was or how many customers were affected, but it did indicate that Windows Error Reporting together with AppLocker were at fault.

According to a knowledge base article designed to provide information on the problem, customers need to restart the affected machines, as, once frozen, they will no longer boot. “You try to start a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. However, the operating system stops responding at the ‘Please wait’ screen that appears before you are requested to press Ctrl+ALT+DEL. Therefore, you cannot log on to the computer,” Microsoft informed.

Source -
SP1 Will Fix Windows 7 RTM Boot Freezes at 'Please Wait' Screen - Which currently require a restart - Softpedia
I posted that 6 days ago in: http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-u...tml#post809460

Thank you for the full reading article!

Quote:
Phone Man:I wonder if this will also cure the "Black Screen of Death" that is NOT happening on many PCs

Jim
I think it does cure because i did apply it to myself a week ago after i encountered Black Screen at logon...

No real BlackSOD just that the system was hanging at logon screen. And sometimes looks the boot partition not to be recognize. Since, no problem so far.


Quote:
Phone Man:From the article there is also a Hotfix available if you are have this particular problem, but is NOT recommended unless the problem is serious, since they are still testing the fix before it is released with SP1.

Jim
Done!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2011   #7
eboucher

windows 7 home preimum
 
 

im still waiting for windows to offer a proper fix for this problem, i have 7 home premium and the hotfix does not work on my version. which is nice to know that windows bricked my only laptop. time to switch to linux
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SP1 Will Fix Windows 7 RTM Boot Freezes at 'Please Wait' Screen




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
blinking screen at boot, please wait screen
Hi, I have an issue where I'm stick at the please wait screen at boot and the screen keeps blinking. I have same issue booting into safe mode. Any help on how to resolve this? Thank you!
Installation & Setup
Keeps blinking on Please Wait in Log In Screen
I can log in normally in safe mode but during normal mode I dont know why but it will just stop me on Please Wait. The monitor will keep blinking over and over again.Blinking means that it will black everything then still the Please Wait with the loading image keeps on repeating. Also my Num Lock...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows start up as usual. Please wait is stuck, with a black screen.
I didn't know where exactly this should go, so let me know if there is somewhere else it should be. I was cruisin' through the internet, next thing I know the only page that will load is the new tab page. So, like any hard working male, I restart my computer. Well, when i try to restart it after...
General Discussion
windows 7 is stuck on the please wait screen
I have tried to repair from the disk and I have tried a system restore. It will only start in safe mode without extra functionality. It happened yesterday when my power after out ran domly
General Discussion
Windows 7 takes 20 to 30 seconds after Please Wait screen
Hello all, Can someone help me figure out a problem my Windows 7 has while loading user credentials thumbnail? Lately it has been taking good 20 to 30 seconds right after the Please Wait screen to load all user credentials thumbnails! And even if after clicking a thumbnail, it takes about 5+...
Performance & Maintenance
Restart freezes on manufacture's boot screen after clean install
Installed Win 7 Pro x86 last night on a new HD. After installing SP1, restarting freezes at the Gateway boot screen and I have to hit the power button to shut off, then turn back on. There are no alerts in device manager, so I don't believe this is a driver issue. Everything else seems to be...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App