Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Putting limits on users' privileges... Windows UAC

17 Jul 2010   #21

 

first thing I did when I got my win 7 was to turn off this pointless app ,it does nothing to enhance win 7 my anti virus will take care of anything that tries to get into it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jul 2010   #22

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote:
first thing I did when I got my win 7 was to turn off this pointless app ,it does nothing to enhance win 7 my anti virus will take care of anything that tries to get into it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #23

 

as I said pointless app ,you do not need it ,did the same for vista, never had a problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Jul 2010   #24

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

I agree Tews,, some people will never get it.

But this debate will go on for a life time,, just as the debate of PageFile sizes etc. What services to disable or not. What the Take Ownership tool should really be used for.

I challenge those who think it is useless to prove it. Not through "I have anti-virus therefore I am safe" statements. Prove how it is useless and back it up with facts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #25

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

What I'm missing in these kind of posts is the words "In my opinion". People tending to forget them, stating their objective opinions as subjective facts are normally those "Of course I know this better than you" types whose advice can in some cases really destroy your computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #26

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tepid View Post
I agree Tews,, some people will never get it.

But this debate will go on for a life time,, just as the debate of PageFile sizes etc. What services to disable or not. What the Take Ownership tool should really be used for.

I challenge those who think it is useless to prove it. Not through "I have anti-virus therefore I am safe" statements. Prove how it is useless and back it up with facts.
My mind is made up. Don't confuse me with facts.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #27
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

I've been working in computer "Security" since 2002. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing
I teach two security classrooms and have been awarded Microsoft MVP in consumer security five years in a row. I keep UAC on!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #28

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
I've been working in computer "Security" since 2002. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing
I teach two security classrooms and have been awarded Microsoft MVP in consumer security five years in a row. I keep UAC on!
I've always liked you, my virtual friend. Now I like you even more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #29

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
I've been working in computer "Security" since 2002. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm doing
I teach two security classrooms and have been awarded Microsoft MVP in consumer security five years in a row. I keep UAC on!
Nuff said!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jul 2010   #30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Mutual respect Kari!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Putting limits on users' privileges... Windows UAC




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Putting limits on users' privileges... Windows UAC
Thread Forum
Solved no admin privileges with password for limited users General Discussion
windows 7 memory limits? speed and capacity? Hardware & Devices
Disk Quota - Set Space Limits for Users Tutorials
Are USB Cable Length Limits hard limits? Hardware & Devices
How do i Configure administrator Privileges and user privileges Network & Sharing
Putting specific backgrounds on multiple users Customization
Windows 7 Installation Limits Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33