Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Apple Tax Revealed


13 May 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
Apple Tax Revealed

Click through to the analyst whitepaper -- sponsored by Microsoft, of course, as all the Mac zealots will be quick to point out...

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/win...f-windows.aspx

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 May 2009   #2

Windows 7 x64 (RTM via MSDN)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Click through to the analyst whitepaper -- sponsored by Microsoft, of course, as all the Mac zealots will be quick to point out...

Avoid the Apple Tax – Cash in on the value of Windows - Windows Experience Blog - The Windows Blog
See this really, really old thread

Avoid the Apple Tax Cash in on the value of Windows

PhreePhly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2009   #3

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

I avoid any Apple personal computer. The only Apple product I use is the iPod.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 May 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

even the ipod is overpriced...
anyways i would just go the way of getting the almost/same parts as the mac buy the install disk and voila a working mac and quad boot it with 7, SuSe, and backtrack and at a better price then the mac machine...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2009   #5

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

If I wanted a Mac (a.k.a. a computer that only ran 12 out of 20,000 programs that Windows runs) I'd only use my TI-89 calculator.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
If I wanted a Mac (a.k.a. a computer that only ran 12 out of 20,000 programs that Windows runs) I'd only use my TI-89 calculator.
hey i have one of those...
i knew how to code (or used to....) on that and be able to play that in school
while i admit that a mac has that certain polish to an os...
the workhorse is 7 (especially as VS 2008 and comming VS 2010 will be win only i can only see that happening...) as im beginning to code...
and it still looks pretty so yeah...
well at least you can code java in it (and pretty every other OS has that for that matter..)
and there is always wine or crossover mac...
and linux is the "experiment" so to say...
gotta love them bactrack tools...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2009   #7

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
hey i have one of those...
i knew how to code (or used to....) on that and be able to play that in school
while i admit that a mac has that certain polish to an os...
the workhorse is 7 (especially as VS 2008 and comming VS 2010 will be win only i can only see that happening...) as im beginning to code...
and it still looks pretty so yeah...
well at least you can code java in it (and pretty every other OS has that for that matter..)
and there is always wine or crossover mac...
and linux is the "experiment" so to say...
gotta love them bactrack tools...
VS 2008 is pretty spiffy. Haven't gotten to take much of a look at how 2010 is shaping up. But I expect good things.

Programming languages create quite the debate. So I'll leave that alone for now. LOL.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win7User512 View Post
VS 2008 is pretty spiffy. Haven't gotten to take much of a look at how 2010 is shaping up. But I expect good things.

Programming languages create quite the debate. So I'll leave that alone for now. LOL.
OT
i cant wait...
Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 expected as soon as next week
and as for programming languages each has their good and bad points so im not zeleous on one programing language and OS....

On topic i will never see the day when apple slashes the prices down so much that an average joe can buy one...
its not the company strategy AFAIK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Apple Tax Revealed




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33