Quote: Originally Posted by adamguk
- Asus M5A78L/USB3 AMD Socket AM3+ 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
- AMD 960T Black Edition 3.0GHz Socket AM3 Processor
- XFX HD 5450 Heatsink 1GB DDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E
- Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V unbuffered
- WD 500GB 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Caviar Blue Hard Drive - 7200RPM 16MB Cach
- Samsung Optical Drive
That list of components shows nothing unusual.
You don't say what you intend to do with the PC.
With no more information, I'd say 1 good exhaust fan is all you need.
Monitor your temps. If they get into dangerous levels, reconsider your situation.
I do use a slow (500 rpm) 120mm fan on the front side blowing over my hard drives, but it's hardly a requirement. HD temps rise only a few degrees without the fan.
Of course, if you are temperature-obsessed and believe that 32 degrees is by definition superior to 39 degrees, then load up with 6 or 8 fans.
Or, if you just like to tinker, get 6 or 8 fans for no particular reason.